Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #21
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.2 liter diesel
Rated Cap: 24
Re: First Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapeer20m
am i the only one who wants to read the suicide note?
Nope. Just the first to admit it.

-Ray

Old 12-07-2008, 11:33 PM   #22
Bus Crazy

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 3208 na boat anchor
Rated Cap: 2

How about guessing what the note says. Like "I bought a bus and it ain't going away--like my wife."

Yeah, it rusts, but very slowly.

I do love my bus, but I'm partial to big units. Wife #2 left before I bought it. (They's all cute when I finds' 'em, but my how's do they grow;)
bus-bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72

Whoa, just went through all the postings. Sounds like your patience and pocketbook were tested to the limits of mortal man. I think I would have blown up at some point, But the previous comment of keeping your cool will get you farther. It is still a nice bus, just needs some TLC and a better place to park it. (I pay $35.00/month will full access) But we're not in Cali. Just cleaning it up and taking all the **** out of it will give you more hope. Done right, it could be a better built RV than that $200,000.00+ turd its parked next to.
The Disc you found....Interesting. Makes me wonder what happened to the poor love struck bastard. It reminds me of the movie "Borat" "This is my sister, she is best prostitute in all of uzbekistan" Then his heart is broken when he finds out Pamala Anderson is not a virgin. I wonder if the PO's love ever got to see the bus? "It is having great bed with much comfort, but must go to club to do toilet"
I digress. The bus does have potential. Keep your dream alive, Most of the time things work out for the better, whatever you decide to do with the bus.

"Not all who wander are lost" JRR Tolkein
Old 03-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #24
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84

Quote:
...walking encyclopedia...
Well, now that I have most of you fooled, I hereby invite you all to invest in my guaranteed 15% return Ponzi scheme.

You should be able to determine for certain if you have split rims. Study them carefully and think hard. But if they have tubes, then the valve stems probably come out thru big slots in the wheels, and then those wheels could not be used tubeless any way.

You could try contacting the famous Patrick Young in Fresno. He buys, sells and dismantles buses. He's on this board occasionally, plugging his wares. After that, big rig dismantlers. Might be some in the Fontana-Ontario area, near I-10.

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:18 PM   #25
Almost There

It was a nightmare and a frustration, but you have a bus that many of us would love to start out with and would pay that price to get it. RV title, semi-converted, generator, electrical and plumbing ran already, and not school bus yellow. Nice bus.
Castro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #26
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84

Welcome aboard, Kayanat!

The bus is designed to support itself if it rolls onto the roof, so it will not collapse under a couple dozen people.

But the roof skin would dent between the support ribs, so you need a stronger surface -- a deck.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, the deck should be flat, so people don't slip and tumble to the ground. The bus roof is arched.

AND YOU STILL NEED a sturdy railing to catch the more lively dancers.

So you are going to build a fenced-in platform up there. It's been done countless times already, and you will find many examples on this board. Look under "RAGBRAI" and "tailgating" buses, and in the Photo Gallery.

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #27
Skoolie

Year: 90
Coachwork: blue bird
Chassis: International
Engine: Navistar Straight 6 Turbo
Rated Cap: 65

I agree with the other posters! You now have most of the difficult stuff behind you. Sue the crap out of the storage guy and be as nice as you can to the DMV people while you try to get your refund. I myself drove over my own mailbox while trying to back my newly-purchased Blue Bird into my driveway. Putting a hole into the brand new tire...

Didn't get mad, I had a bus to work on
in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
newbusser is offline   Reply With Quote