Old 05-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #41
Bus Nut

Year: 94
Coachwork: b/b
Chassis: tc2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Fran (Sinclair) skoolie

you don't need to own a bus,,yes its green,it coolant and they do have other colors too and the glass ball is your full mark
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #42
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas

I was told that these engines need the orange coolant, not green like little cars get.
Seeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:00 AM   #43
Bus Nut

No idea what is in it right now, just know it is green. The folks at Midwest Transit put that in I'm guessing.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #44
Bus Nut

Year: 94
Coachwork: b/b
Chassis: tc2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72

well i have work around bus's, semi truck all my life,there is coolnets for them,but the color is no faxter,they all do the same job,it just who has made it,an the color they want to use.so cat coolant is not any diff from peterbuild or a d-9 dozer....everybody clames they have the best...
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #45
Bus Nut

OMG hahaha So we've been busy working our behinds off to get as much done as possible. A lot has been done, will upload some pics later today probably. What is so hilarious is we've finally been told by the property management company to move the "school bus" because the owner "doesn't want it here." Checking the lease I can find nothing saying a motor home (which it is legally titled as) can't be parked on this long driveway. Could fit two of my buses on the drive.

So I asked the owner today what was the deal and he says "I just don't like it sitting there." And added that people have to walk around it. The driveway is shared so the neighbors upstairs have to walk around the bus IF they park near the garage which they never ever do. The lease says we can't block the sidewalks, which we're not. I almost died laughing when he added that one.

Will give updates when can, but for now we've been told to move it. I refuse to do that. I need to work on it daily so it has to be here daily. The management company offered me to park it next to the university, with NO security offered. No way!!! College street is full of frat houses and parties. lol

We knew this might happen which is one reason we're busting our behinds to get as much done as possible in case we have to cancel the lease. Pretty sure they can't toss us out because the owner finds our "bus" to be distasteful. We'll see.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:06 AM   #46
Bus Nut

Yeah we called the local storage places. None will let us work on it there and none have secured lots, so all the stuff going into it could easily be stolen. Not even locked gates on the places. geeze.

Shows what we've gotten done to date. Three daybeds. Choose the daybed style because the width and height make for far better storage room, easy to use as seats (belts already attached) and best of all there is no unfolding and folding up the bed like we did in our A class RV. Hate doing that.
Working on the kitchen shelving and frame to hold the unique sinks we have Still haven't decided on a flooring material yet. Or siding on walls O.O I know I know....

A great deal of the materials for the conversion are reclaimed, especially the wood. Makes for some interesting furniture
Old 05-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #47
Bus Nut

Latest stuff, nothing fancy--especially with my carpentry skills Put in some shelving made with reclaimed lumber.

Still needs siding and either doors on front or stop bars. Have to paw through the reclaimed materials and see what works.

Added a cook stations from a reclaimed, falling apart Magnovox record player stand. Old table top made for a perfect shelf inside. Will fit our toaster oven and uber propane camping stove. That's the freezer turned cooler & fridge (when hookup allows). Need to add more insulation to it still and put in a drain hole through the floor.

Working on putting shelving under the beds to help with the OMG everything is in boxes syndrome. Hate living out of boxes. Small shelves above the beds for the mass of paperbacks we own. Not shown is the front above the driver's area. Putting a box shelf in that vast space with a couple shelves around it. Also have a shoe rack to put in near the front door. And paneling on the sides--slowly getting there but can't fetch more materials till next week and my piles of reclaimed items are down to small bits and pieces. drats
Old 05-19-2011, 06:54 PM   #48
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1995
Engine: DT466e

*wave*

This is the other half of the Fran project
Dain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:12 AM   #49
Bus Nut

*points up* that's the "kid" you often see inside the bus or sitting on the hood
Old 05-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #50
Bus Nut

Big annoyance today grr Cannot get the bolts on the alternator to loosen so guess I've no choice but to take it into the local International shop that seems to think it will take 2 to 3 hours to do the alternator at $100 an hour.