Old 02-21-2018, 04:28 PM   #11
Skoolie

Welcome.
I have the same bus but mine is a toy hauler (Jeep).
The paint job is awesome!!
BigDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:06 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
welcome!! a carpenter body nice!!! hey of you are tossing any of those skoolie windows, do let me know.. i need a couple for my carpenter bus!.. love the paiunt job.. looks great!!
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:34 PM   #13

Got some more work done on the bus today, removed half of the floor covering before I had to take my son on an "adventure" per his request. Trying to cram it all in before I head back to real world work tomorrow for the next few days. Hopefully I'm back at it Sunday!

I have literally removed over a thousand pounds of material from this bus. After taking a hammer and chisel to most of the aluminum floor trim, I rolled up the linoleum to find... a beautiful rusty floor! Not a thing between the linoleum and metal, so my bare floor to bare ceiling is 6'3". I'm 5'11.5", so I have a few inches to work with on the floor build. Decisions, decisions...

Also, I really love the coolant hoses running all the way to the back of the bus to a little heater unit on the driver side. I might have to leave those! My hands and body are sore but MAN all this work is definitely gonna pay off!

I cut the linoleum at the driver seat, but am DEFinitely gonna remove all of it as soon as possible. The whole heater box/switch box next to the driver seat is gonna be SO satisfying to remove, clean, & replace on top of finished floor. Gonna have to take the switch box by the ceiling while I take everything else out.

Time to research insulation prices...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1883.jpg (291.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1884.jpg (253.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1885.jpg (226.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1881.jpg (260.4 KB, 4 views)
Alexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
welcome!! a carpenter body nice!!! hey of you are tossing any of those skoolie windows, do let me know.. i need a couple for my carpenter bus!.. love the paiunt job.. looks great!!
-Christopher
Thanks! I will definitely let you know if I decide to cover up any of my window holes!
Alexor is offline   Reply With Quote