Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2015, 10:32 AM   #121
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American Rear Engine
Engine: C-8.3-300 Cummins MD3060
Rated Cap: 40 Prisoners
Here is what I did when code enforcement came calling. First asked the agent if he
had proper identification which the Supreme Court says that the true identification
of a public employee is a copy of his Oath of Office signed in a timely manner. No
Oath of Office ask him to leave and not come back till he has one. I then went to
the city and requested a copy of his Oath of Office and the lady that does payroll
said they had no employee by that name. Next I put up a "No Trespass" sign on
the road out front on each side of the property so that anyone that shows up and
not an elected official is in criminal trespass. Only a county sheriff can go on posted
property since he is elected, the city boys are trespassing and personally liable.

Dragonpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:49 AM   #122
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpop View Post
Here is what I did when code enforcement came calling. First asked the agent if he
had proper identification which the Supreme Court says that the true identification
of a public employee is a copy of his Oath of Office signed in a timely manner. No
Oath of Office ask him to leave and not come back till he has one. I then went to
the city and requested a copy of his Oath of Office and the lady that does payroll
the road out front on each side of the property so that anyone that shows up and
not an elected official is in criminal trespass. Only a county sheriff can go on posted
property since he is elected, the city boys are trespassing and personally liable.
looks to me like somebody trying to get themselves tased
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:52 AM   #123
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpop View Post

Nice

Fellow skoolie members need to take notes here. This is the proper way to deal with bull $hit rules. Fight the fight by the rules they made.

After all, this is what the government does best.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:17 AM   #124

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Quote:
Originally Posted by allwthrrider View Post
looks to me like somebody trying to get themselves tased
Why? Because he wouldn't just lay down. When I dealt with code enforcement, he asked if he had my permission to come on my property.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:45 AM   #125
Bus Nut

People get shot and tased all the time even when they were right. And a car doesn't care if you were in a crosswalk and it was illegal to hit you, if you step out in front of it. Being right and being safe are different things.

I don't think Dragonpop did the wrong thing, but making enemies unnecessarily isn't always wise. If the guy IS a sworn officer, if he DOES come back with the required documentation he's going to be pissed and not willing to listen or bargain. All I'm saying is, don't blow up a bridge until you're 100% positive you're on the correct side of the river!

Then try to blow it while the guy chasing you is on it. Two birds, one stone.
taskswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:54 AM   #126

Year: 1995
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Quote:
Originally Posted by taskswap View Post
People get shot and tased all the time even when they were right. And a car doesn't care if you were in a crosswalk and it was illegal to hit you, if you step out in front of it. Being right and being safe are different things.

I don't think Dragonpop did the wrong thing, but making enemies unnecessarily isn't always wise. If the guy IS a sworn officer, if he DOES come back with the required documentation he's going to be pissed and not willing to listen or bargain. All I'm saying is, don't blow up a bridge until you're 100% positive you're on the correct side of the river!

Then try to blow it while the guy chasing you is on it. Two birds, one stone.
I agree but the comment about being tazed didn't sit right with me. You can't just be tazed because you ask for ID. I go through this with a member at my ham club. As far as he is concerned, at the sign of any official, pull down you pants and take your medicine WITHOUT questioning their authority.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:39 PM   #127
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal View Post
Why? Because he wouldn't just lay down. When I dealt with code enforcement, he asked if he had my permission to come on my property.
Exactly,thats what the government expects you to do & when you don't comply with their demands whether legal or not & your usually on the receiving end of an ass kicking with no accountability to the ass kickers

trust me I wasn't defending them.
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:42 PM   #128
Skoolie

When ever I try to follow rules some jack wagon with a title at the city gives me grief.

a few years back I was given the building in the pictures in this post, but to have it for free I had to agree that it would be moved at my expense and within 30 days.
talked to the city about putting it out back of my place, since it was smaller than any of the neighbors work shops it seemed a breeze...no...NO>>NONONO < you still asking?
I had a very old enclosed trailer that looked like hell, everyone in the neighborhood hated it I guess, but it was storage so I asked the city code enforcer why I could have a gawd awfull trailer and he had never pitched a fit about it, he said there are no rules about trailers.
thank you sir!

I wanted that shed, had already got a house mover friend of mine lined up to get it moved the 100 miles to my house.
I bought a flat bed trailer had the house mover set it on my trailer and then cribbed it up to make it solid. The trailer was way to short but it was a trailer, I went and framed it down to the trailer bed so it was physically attached to the trailer.

Code enforcer and backup came over to see what i was doing.

I SPLAINED it to him that it was a trailer, he left and within three days I had a permit to put it on the ground where I wanted it in the BEGINNING!
anyway, I am done with my boasting
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0138.jpg   IMAG0194.jpg   IMAG0205.jpg  
c_hasbeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #129
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: bluebird
Rated Cap: 72
I had the title changed, got insurance and tags over two years ago. We've taken it out once. I am also hesitant to cancel insurance & tags for the same reason you mentioned.

We pay $222 for insurance and about $25 for tags every year it sits there....under $250 a year for piece of mind is worth it to us.
The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:46 PM   #130
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-breeze View Post
i had the title changed, got insurance and tags over two years ago. We've taken it out once. I am also hesitant to cancel insurance & tags for the same reason you mentioned.

We pay $222 for insurance and about $25 for tags every year it sits there....under $250 a year for piece of mind is worth it to us.
quoted for truth +1
c_hasbeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:21 AM   #131
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American Rear Engine
Engine: C-8.3-300 Cummins MD3060
Rated Cap: 40 Prisoners
A lot of what you deal with at the government interface is semantics and wording. When you get pulled over for hot footing it down the highway the first thing the
office says is "going a little fast weren't we"to which we try to come up with an
excuse when we should be quiet or say no why do you ask. Next he says "let me
see your drivers license". Do you hand it to him or do you hold it up to the partially
rolled down window so he can see it. Once you give it to him it is no longer yours
since possession is 9/10 of the law, it now belongs to him not you. If you are an
American Native ie born in one of the states and understand your rights
guaranteed by the Constitution for the united States, you are not required to have
a drivers license or a vehicle license to travel freely. If you want to see reality out
of the Matrix read the articles written by Anna Von Reitz go to annavonreitz.com
probably rated xxxx by your bankers and politicians. Welcome to "reality" what a
concept.
Dragonpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:31 AM   #132
Bus Nut

I'm... not sure what the message is here. There's no such thing as a vehicle license but you definitely need a vehicle REGISTRATION to drive it on a public road, it IS the law, and you do have to comply with it. And you don't need a driver's license to "travel freely", but you DO if the way you want to do it is by driving a vehicle.

You can go almost anywhere on foot or bicycle.

Any time everybody writes or reads these things it's always about the worst incident they've ever heard of. And six of those later they think everybody's out to get them. I do not deny that these bad things happen. But MILLIONS of traffic stops happen every day by officers who know and obey the law, act professionally, and do what they're supposed to do. There's such a BIG list of things wrong in the world - why single out just this one?

I'm not defending anybody here, just pointing out that we've totally shifted away from Skoolie-land. I, for one, would love to get back to rjz5400's bus discussion!
Old 05-03-2015, 07:58 AM   #133
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:05 AM   #134
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Chassis: Thomas? Safe-t-liner
Engine: 6bta5.9
Rated Cap: 78
yea mee too. So i'll be working on my well pump this week so hopefully ill be able to pressure wash the bus, not much of an update but on topic.

I also think Ill go ahead and install the upgrades I put together and see if one of them fixes my slow rolling problem. That would be the newer lift pump (LP Piston) and the 3200 RPM spring "366" for the IP. My boost pressure gauge shows normal boost so i don't think it is the turbo slowing me down anymore.

Thanks for the thoughts on the zoning hassles. I think not using public utilities might also help but I am not solar yet and likely wont be very soon.
Anyway......
rjz5400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:22 PM   #135
Bus Nut

Is your well pump submerged or in your basement? I had a VERY bad winter weekend lat year hand-pulling a 350-ft pump (that I didn't realize was so deep or I'd never have tried...)
Old 05-07-2015, 04:04 PM   #136
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Chassis: Thomas? Safe-t-liner
Engine: 6bta5.9
Rated Cap: 78
It is a shallow well jet pump, in a little doghouse. I Jb welded the crack after cleaning and stop drilling it. I ground a groove with my dremel and I am going to do a second coat.

I bought a new Home Depot 1/2 horse pump but I am going to try to put this back in and return it. I don't care much if it breaks again as I don't live there, just use the well for "fun"
Water level is at 10' with a 25' well iirc
rjz5400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:27 PM   #137
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjz5400 View Post
, just use the well for "fun"
Water

or?

bansil is offline   Reply With Quote