Old 05-02-2015, 11:21 AM   #131
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American Rear Engine
Engine: C-8.3-300 Cummins MD3060
Rated Cap: 40 Prisoners
A lot of what you deal with at the government interface is semantics and wording. When you get pulled over for hot footing it down the highway the first thing the
office says is "going a little fast weren't we"to which we try to come up with an
excuse when we should be quiet or say no why do you ask. Next he says "let me
see your drivers license". Do you hand it to him or do you hold it up to the partially
rolled down window so he can see it. Once you give it to him it is no longer yours
since possession is 9/10 of the law, it now belongs to him not you. If you are an
American Native ie born in one of the states and understand your rights
guaranteed by the Constitution for the united States, you are not required to have
a drivers license or a vehicle license to travel freely. If you want to see reality out
of the Matrix read the articles written by Anna Von Reitz go to annavonreitz.com
probably rated xxxx by your bankers and politicians. Welcome to "reality" what a
concept.
Dragonpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:31 AM   #132
Bus Nut

I'm... not sure what the message is here. There's no such thing as a vehicle license but you definitely need a vehicle REGISTRATION to drive it on a public road, it IS the law, and you do have to comply with it. And you don't need a driver's license to "travel freely", but you DO if the way you want to do it is by driving a vehicle.

You can go almost anywhere on foot or bicycle.

Any time everybody writes or reads these things it's always about the worst incident they've ever heard of. And six of those later they think everybody's out to get them. I do not deny that these bad things happen. But MILLIONS of traffic stops happen every day by officers who know and obey the law, act professionally, and do what they're supposed to do. There's such a BIG list of things wrong in the world - why single out just this one?

I'm not defending anybody here, just pointing out that we've totally shifted away from Skoolie-land. I, for one, would love to get back to rjz5400's bus discussion!
taskswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:58 AM   #133
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:05 AM   #134
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Thomas? Safe-t-liner
Engine: 6bta5.9
yea mee too. So i'll be working on my well pump this week so hopefully ill be able to pressure wash the bus, not much of an update but on topic.

I also think Ill go ahead and install the upgrades I put together and see if one of them fixes my slow rolling problem. That would be the newer lift pump (LP Piston) and the 3200 RPM spring "366" for the IP. My boost pressure gauge shows normal boost so i don't think it is the turbo slowing me down anymore.

Thanks for the thoughts on the zoning hassles. I think not using public utilities might also help but I am not solar yet and likely wont be very soon.
Anyway......
rjz5400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:22 PM   #135
Bus Nut

Is your well pump submerged or in your basement? I had a VERY bad winter weekend lat year hand-pulling a 350-ft pump (that I didn't realize was so deep or I'd never have tried...)
taskswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:04 PM   #136
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Thomas? Safe-t-liner
Engine: 6bta5.9
It is a shallow well jet pump, in a little doghouse. I Jb welded the crack after cleaning and stop drilling it. I ground a groove with my dremel and I am going to do a second coat.

I bought a new Home Depot 1/2 horse pump but I am going to try to put this back in and return it. I don't care much if it breaks again as I don't live there, just use the well for "fun"
Water level is at 10' with a 25' well iirc
rjz5400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:27 PM   #137
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjz5400 View Post
, just use the well for "fun"
Water

or?

bansil is offline   Reply With Quote