Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #61
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Thomas? Safe-t-liner
Engine: 6bta5.9
Rated Cap: 78
Re: G Bus Progress

well with the help of some doge forums i got my cummins powered rotary IP all sealed up and put back together. hell i may even tweak it a little for some more power.
now on to the oil leak i got between my air compressor and my hydraulic pump

rjz5400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #62
Skoolie

test run was great gnna try to buy some property then its on with the phase two. we may try to live in it and build a house at the same time.
meanwhile check this out i saw it in my travels and asked about it turns out a friend of mine owns it and is trying to get the motor freed up to get it running again. been sitting 15 years.

anybody know what it is?
i will try to get closer but he wasnt there and it was behind a gate
Old 01-30-2010, 08:42 PM   #63
Skoolie

Actually I believe those are right hand drive so it would be the windshield that is forward that is the drivers window.

Chris
thesaltydog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:10 PM   #64
Skoolie

it is a right side drive i saw the wheel it is not visible in the picture but it is on lookers left or right hand side of the bus.
when the owner gets back from Maliwe then ill let him know whats up. thanks for the guesses ill maybe post about my own bus now that things are moving along...
Old 02-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #65
Skoolie

cooll link yea i think you guys have id it exactly. i am still waiting but the guy who owns it is having a benifit dinner next week so he has to be coming home soon, ill try to get another pic when i get up close to help him get it running.
anyway i have been doind maintenace on my bus and inally resealed the bosh IP and one injector that had its hold down nut back out and was blasting compression out.
now it wouldnt start so i primed and bled bled primed and ran the batteries down because it ideled for twenty or thirty min before i parked it at its new storage unit, after getting a letter from the city about RV =s you can see from the street and a zoning ordinance.
so i recharged them nd it seemed they ran down really fast when i tried to restart the bus the next day (yesterday) turns out they both needed almost a gallon of water!!!!! the school i geuss never topped them off and neither had i. but now i am gonna head out there, i got all the injector return lines crcked and i am gonna bring another 6 gallons of diesel just to be safe and top up the super low tank and hopefully get it going again.
next up Wallllllllsssssss and a wood stove.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:59 AM   #66
Skoolie

so i considered selling her then just kept on working on the drivtrain, it has been a huge pain, but i did it safely in the storage facility and walked away when i got too pissed off and now it is back running again, all over town. needed some injector and bosh ve IP resealing and then tuning
so we went to the home depot and picked up a sheet of luan to make some interior panels and cover the foam insulation that we got donated to us a while ago.
going to run some wires and then glue it up, put in furring strips and nail up the panels to see how she looks.
oh yea we did use a wood conditioner and then stain the luan.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #67
Skoolie

well got the exterior sheeting insulation in the outside of the walls then the fiberglass puff insulation then duct tape then luan and stain and poly. lookin pretty good.
also i got ride of the driver seat and replaced it with one that folds down flat to make a table and has cup holders and everything. sweet.....

Old 06-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #68
Skoolie

Dont know what the last trip i updated on here but last year i drove the bus with four friends from southeastern NC to austin texas and back. !!!!!

had a few fuel leaks. a return line and #2 injector line leak.... PIA but i fixed them myself with help from a terrible hydraulic shop in florence south carolina, anyway used it to buy some furniture, store some stuff. cruise around. A/C is working well and i have a couple of generators that need some work and i can hopefully hard mount one so i can use it while underway.

That and i am converting it to run of heated filtered vegetable oil from a second tank. about halfway done at the moment and i also fixed a turbo leak and deleted the muffler, sounds sweeeeet

Old 06-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #69
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15

Coming along nicely! Really like the pilots seat...what is it out of?
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:48 PM   #70
Skoolie

Thanks, I am headed up to canada probably to score some parts from a heavy truck guy who is dating my future sister in law.

i think it might be generic like for jeeps or broncos and whatnot, my friend has them in his Scout.

I found two of them on the side of the road, they fold down to little tables with a cup-holder and the other one is supposed to be a co-captians chair but i haven't built a platform for it yet.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:58 AM   #71
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15

"I found two of them on the side of the road..."

Man, I need to find the roads so many people here seem to drive!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #72
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango
"I found two of them on the side of the road..."

Man, I need to find the roads so many people here seem to drive!

Get off the interstates!!! Of course from what my daughter told me (she lived on southwest side of Houston before moving back to NM) to go anywhere in Houston, you have to be on the interstates and freeways. So I guess that should be... get out of Houston into the countryside.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #73
Skoolie

yea these were in town.
to tell you the truth speaking from experience driving around a lot as a tree killer, marine construction worker and as a pizza delivery man. just take a detour through the nicer neighborhoods that are fancy on trash day, earlier rather than later and not on days that it rained the night before.

you may be surprised at what people will set out for the trash man. of course sometimes it is too good to be true, like a motorcycle at the end of the driveway. ..... better knock on the door and make sure it is trash first!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #74
Bus Crazy

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 3208 na boat anchor
Rated Cap: 2

Yeah, I lived in an area where people cruised to pick up junk. More than once I had to go outside and tell them "that's not junk, that's my stuff".
bus-bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #75
Skoolie

So the word on the street is that my future brother in law has 30 acres of heavy duty trucks, tractor trailers and everything else about a mile from his house. so it looks like i may get the HD transmission with lots of gears and lockup tourqe convertor, jake brake ( ) and maybe even a taller gear ratio for higher speeds. Will keep posted, will very likely get to work on the WVO conversion this week so i can actually afford to drive the thing up there in a month.

Will try to get some pics, i am about 40 percent or more into the conversion i just need to grow a pair and cut into the fuel lines to plumb in my switches and whatnot.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #76
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Chassis: Safe T Liner
Engine: 3208 turbo
Rated Cap: 84

CNG sure is cheap in Canada.
[urlhttp://www.cngprices.com/][/url]
yankeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:08 PM   #77
Skoolie

oh i am not moving to Canada, just driving up there to pick up some parts, build a dirtbike track, and see cirque de solie. then coming back to the south where diesel prices are like jet fuel, and the vegetable oil flows like rain (used to)
Old 07-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #78
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjz5400
oh i am not moving to Canada, just driving up there to... see cirque de solie.
You can see Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas NV. They have SEVEN different shows... be still my heart! I hope to make it to Las Vegas (the one in Nevada, not the one in New Mexico) so that I can see Cirque up close. Prices are lower than what they were when Cirque came to Atlanta (Summer deal... two tickets/$100).

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/des...egas/home.aspx
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #79
Skoolie

well i am seeing the show when i am up there. not just to see the show. my sister in law is up there and inlaws are coming up to see the show with all of us. Plus dirtbikes and bus parts..!!!!!

Ill be sure to post some pics and details about the WVO conversion and the new transmission and brake hopefully. SO sweet cant wait, hope it works out and fits in there!!!!! yeaaaaaaa highway speeds!! yea going up mountains!!!!!! yea MPGS @!!!!!!! and also YEA safely going down mountains!!!!!!

we are planning to have our honeymoon be a long long trip in the bus so this would be great if we have great milage and speed and free fuel!!!!!

(can you tell i am excited)?
Old 07-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #80
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjz5400