Old 07-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #81
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Thomas? Safe-t-liner
Engine: 6bta5.9
Rated Cap: 78
Re: G Bus Progress

well i am fully committed to the wvo conversion, all the fuel lines have been removed and hacked up to make way for the three way valves and the tees and the extra fuel system. should be pretty awesome once i get it all hooked back up

I am a little worried about the purging, there will be like 20 or 30 feet of combined lines to clear of every bubble plus the veg filter and the heat exchanger. luckily it has a pretty strong primer pump but also i have a good strong battery and i know just where to put the slightest whiff of starting fluid in order to get this bad boy to pop over.

plenty of road grime, oil, diesel fuel and sand in my hair and under my nails but it will be worth it when i make the sweet voyage for tranny upgrades.
rjz5400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #82
Skoolie

as requested some pictures of the conversion. the main fuel supply line, now cut and attached
the "adapters" to fit 1/4" OD steel hard line to 3/8" ID fuel hose. i would have done this differently but i was completely set up when i discovered the size difference. and
all of the fuel line fittings which have all been cut in preparation of the rubber and valves.

more to come later on.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:24 PM   #83
Skoolie

no pic update, the diesel system is now completely hooked up. meaning that the diesel lines now all run through the 3 way valves and the "T" that it will soon share with the WVO. I ran out of 3/8" fuel line and only got some of the vegg lines hooked up but the hard part is done, the cooling lines, and tapping into the bus stock fuel system. now i am just hooking up new parts like the run of H-O-H to supply the vegg and i need to buy a couple things like a fitting to replace the return line with a connection to a third valve and loop the WVO return, before the pump this should help heat up the WVO supply quickly once i make the switch (by mixing the incoming vegg with the warm diesel return from the engine and then with the heated WVO from the FPHE once it returns from the engine)

not all that exciting to look at but ill try to take some pics anyway. oh i did here is a couple

Old 07-19-2011, 01:04 AM   #84
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Goshen
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 25
Send a message via AIM to Stuff Send a message via MSN to Stuff

nothing like cheap fuel!

My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/thestuffz
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #85
Skoolie

well i got all the diesel lines hooked back up and plumbed in with the three way valves and have been trying to prime it by every combination. removing various lines to allow the air out and pumping the lever on the Lift pump and running it of spray ether for a short while at a time to try and help it pump the air out.

Well it seems like maybe the Lift pump is bad, i am gonna swap it out and hopefully get the fuel flowing again. i have a spare one on the bus but with a steady 115 heat index i think i might go out there tonight with some floodlights and try again now that it has cooled down.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:31 PM   #86
Skoolie

went out at midnight last night and got to old one pulled, the new lift pump installed and she primed in a minute or so.

fired right up and ran great!! until it started spraying fuel from a disconnected WVO line that was unused. Got it shut down and now no need to prime the second fuel filter anyway no pics super rainey and tired. working on the floor of house so updates later.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:39 PM   #87
Skoolie

i am on it, where you at Richmond short bus convertor????

anyway still in testing and instal phase, probably run it on vegg sometime in the near future.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:05 AM   #88
Skoolie

no pics but we threw the switches yesterday!!!! no hickup or problems at all, ran fine. drove around storage place for a while and purged and parked it.

cant wait for trip to canada. only a little organizing and tightening of the tank and insulating the lines and whatnot left to do. Should be a great trip.

we are not leaving for a while but I will try to post some travel pics and whatnot from the road!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:57 PM   #89
Skoolie

huge nest of ants have halted my progress, that and the 110 Heat index the last few days.

I am allergic to the ants but i think i am going to pull the bus out of its space and into the covered area to work a little and then wash my basement area so i can go on a "shakedown run" and start getting set up for the long haul to CANADA
Old 08-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #90
Skoolie

well we broke down. BAD just basically lost power and could not get any speed going, ever. like it was going 55 leaving town then 45 the 30 then it would just stop running and stay in first going 5-10mph.

long story. but it is not something simple. likely candidate is the Injection Pump. probably exacerbated by the running of super cleaning hot WVO removing deposits and double lubricating some worn out pump seals and parts.

anyway i will update the status but it will be on hold as i am going to pull the injectors and test them, then pull the IP and test it to see where the fuel delivery problem is. oh geeze........

did make it to canada but had to come home and get my mercedes first and then drive that up there, it was not a smooth trip to say the least. anyway Carry on.