Sorry we've been absent for so long. Life took some unexpected twists for us. In October my Father-in-law was killed in a car accident and he did not have a will. PLEASE, everyone get your will in order. It is a nightmare for your loved ones!
Next, my kids lost a biological grandmother. They had just lost their bio-mom in February, so we decided to settle down a bit and have a very traditional couple of months throughout the holiday season.
Now, we are getting back on track and ready to forge ahead.
During this inactive time, we solidified our floor plan and purchased a propane fireplace. We continued purging our home of unnecessary belongings and watched tons of travel videos to keep us motivated.
Here's our current plan of action:
1. Get cracked glass in door replaced.
2. Modify door into one piece with dead-bolt.
3. Apply sealant to floor.
4. Modify windows.
5. Insulate interior walls.
6. Finish off walls with wainscoting.
7. Build in bulkhead walls.
8. Frame in queen bed.
9. Design and build convertible couch/bunk beds.
10. Put in cabinets (temporarily)
11. Purchase and install captains chairs.
12. Install seat belts.
13. Add temporary cooking and bathroom facilities.
14. Register and insure RV.
15. Take trial run to Boondocking Rally at Lake Mead
16. Locate place to return to and finish quality build, including wiring, plumbing, systems, lighting, bathrooms, storage, shower, interior woodworking, exterior paint, off-grid capabilities, etc., etc.
Whew! We better get going!