Old 02-06-2015, 12:03 AM   #61
Bus Crazy

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
GM,I forgot to mention the name of the mfg of the windows--JenWeld. Home Depot sells them. Nat's thread is "Four seasons ---" not "all Seasons". Jack
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:26 AM   #62
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Gillig
Engine: Cat 3160
Thanks, Jack. Jeld Wen is an Oregon company...not far from us.

I'll go look at Nat's thread, now.
GilligusMaxibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:18 PM   #63
Mini-Skoolie

Hello Gilligus! My father and I have been involved in some some busses in Eugene and once sold a Gillig there also. We have done several Kenworths in Eugene and Spokane. My father was George Harris but has passed away a few years ago. There are a lot of people that knew him from the Eugene area.
Do you have any diesel regulations in Oregon like they are putting on in California with the particulate filters or completely changing out the engines in a certain year? It makes no sense for me to buy a bus and try to get it registered here in California. The cost and regulations would be tough to work around. My brother lives in Portland and I could probably register it there. Just looking for some info. I love the Gillig bus, have fun and here is a link to one of the two Kenworths I have done.
Good Luck,
Gameseven
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/gamesevens-skoolie-kenworth-pacifics-7040.html
gameseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:33 PM   #64
Mini-Skoolie

Rv's are exempt from all of the CARB loonacy...for now
sweetfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:40 PM   #65
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks Sweetfarm! Would that apply to school busses also if I would buy a school bus and use my brothers address or would it needed to be built into a motorhome first?
THANKS AGAIN!
Gameseven
Old 02-06-2015, 04:48 PM   #66
Mini-Skoolie

That might be an issue if you need the conversion to get it titled as an rv. We watched a mobile dentist office (class a rv) get auctioned in California 2 weeks ago. It had a huge generator, a cummins diesel and 9,000 miles on it. It sold for less than 10 grand because the state required that it be sold to an out of state resident! I'm allowed to laugh since I don't have to live there
sweetfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:48 PM   #67
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks Sweetfarm! Ive actually had friends in Arizona cant get their busses registered there because they are yellow. So they went to the hardware store and bought whitewash and covered the yellow. Registration completed! Too many dumb rules!!!
Old 02-06-2015, 07:44 PM   #68
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameseven View Post
Thanks Sweetfarm! Ive actually had friends in Arizona cant get their busses registered there because they are yellow. So they went to the hardware store and bought whitewash and covered the yellow. Registration completed! Too many dumb rules!!!
Needed to try another MV office. The registration was the easiest process I went through. Mine's still yellow.
dond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:29 PM   #69
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks DOND! This was in the Phoenix area around 1980's. Things have changed I am sure. Is that your Bluebird shorty? That is one I want to do!!!
Old 02-06-2015, 08:31 PM   #70
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
My pics are working again.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote