Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2018, 08:00 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Good mask for painting your skoolie

I found out that there is a big 3M respirator mask you should have on hand and a RZ mask for airbrush. I think your local hardware store should carry the 3M heavy duty mask that is used for major high pressure painting.

1964 Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:09 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 24v
Rated Cap: 72 pax
A full face mask is good. You can get disposable film shields for the face. Make sure you are using it correctly... No facial hair, good seal, but not too tight, and fresh VOC cartridges. You can make them last by storing the cartridges in a zip lock... As soon as you smell the paint, stop and change them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964 Carpenter View Post
I found out that there is a big 3M respirator mask you should have on hand and a RZ mask for airbrush. I think your local hardware store should carry the 3M heavy duty mask that is used for major high pressure painting.
Njsurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:08 AM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward Senator
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964 Carpenter View Post
From the Read-Me First stickied post:

"This section is for your project. Start a thread on it and continue it for as long as you want to update or discuss it. Think of it as a diary for your bus. All other posts belong in Conversion Discussion.

Please make the title of your thread descriptive of your particular bus or your bus' name. Create only one topic here per bus."

Photo Album updated weekly: https://thederelictebus.com/photo-gallery/
Velocipedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:29 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Any mask that is rated for VOCs typically should work fine but it has to be rated for it I’d call a place like Acklands Grainger and just ask
TheHex is offline   Reply With Quote