Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2015, 12:38 PM   #261
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Amtran Genisis
Engine: International DT-466
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Of course, and you all did a great job.
Thanks! It's always great to hear feedback.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:41 PM   #262
Skoolie

NEW HEATER! Our latest "Bus Life with 9" video

We have uploaded our latest "Bus Life with 9" video. We installed a new propane heater and enjoyed our first Christmas in the bus.

Let us know what you think. Check it out here:
Old 03-02-2016, 02:52 PM   #263
Mini-Skoolie

Definitely a great build, but im sure you wish the ducting was put in before you completed the bus. The coolest thing i think is the fact the bus is a "Genesis", as they are definitely not the most common.

Good on you for buying the kids Lego's. although a bit more pricey then they used to be, Lego's are one of the few toys I actually remember learning a lot from.
keiffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:40 PM   #264
Skoolie

Our latest bus adventure is not live on youtube. Check it out here:
Old 07-20-2016, 12:29 AM   #265
Skoolie

Good News Bus in Good House Keeping Magazine

Our family of 9 have had a lot of adventures with our skoolie the Good News Bus. Back in May Good Housekeeping Magazine interviewed us for the August edition. It has just been released! The next time you are at the store check it out! Here is a video of the family picking up a copy.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/kXKdRHfqiIw
Old 07-20-2016, 10:49 AM   #266
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: ISC 8.3
I always enjoy seeing how your family is enjoying one another in the context of bus travels. Though I don't anticipate us being "full time," and even trips over two weeks will be rare, I hope my family will enjoy ours similarly. Whenever I finally get it on the road again.
family wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:50 PM   #267
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65 passenger
I was just out at Harbor Freight in Colorado Springs picking up more grinding disks. When I pulled out my daughter pointed out your bus parked in front of Jersey Mike's. We got out and looked around your bus for a while. She loves your paint scheme and thinks we should paint ours red also! I wish I could have run into you to talk. Hope you all are enjoying the Springs!
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/i-...bus-12296.html
karrlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 06:40 AM   #268
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by karrlot View Post
I was just out at Harbor Freight in Colorado Springs picking up more grinding disks. When I pulled out my daughter pointed out your bus parked in front of Jersey Mike's. We got out and looked around your bus for a while. She loves your paint scheme and thinks we should paint ours red also! I wish I could have run into you to talk. Hope you all are enjoying the Springs!

im excited to be painting my latest bus Red!! i say go for it... i dont see a lot of red skoolies out and about...

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:22 PM   #269
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrlot View Post
Sorry...I am just seeing your post now. Yes that would have been great to talk with you guys! We are back in the Springs now!
Old 10-24-2016, 02:28 PM   #270
Skoolie

Road Trip Update

Our family of 9 have been living in the Good News Bus now for almost a year and have been on the road again for the past 2 months. We have vloged our travels. So far we have 17 Road trip updates on YouTube. Check out the first one here:

Old 10-24-2016, 07:32 PM   #271
Bus Nut

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Genesis/Am-Tran Tall Roof
Chassis: International, 643 transmission
Engine: DT 466ci 250hp, International
Rated Cap: 86 screaming Monsters
Ive been watching these videos and I always think you guys look more like the family of the 50's rather than today. Those kids will be so much better off from you too taking the effort to make this happen. To be able to go back in 50 years for them to show how they grew up in HD video back when drones didn't take you to the mall and they only ran for 30 minutes and crashed often.
I hope to see you on the road one day. I'm inspired intrigued and I can say I picked this same bus after watching your videos knowing if worked for 9 it would work for me.
I do wonder how long that bus will fit before you have to start in on the articulating trailer.

I know a good thing when I see it. This set off my good radar the very first time I saw those kids smiling.

The first thing I'm doing in my bus is driving to my daughters home in another state. Picking up my little grand daughter and were going to go boon docking and learn to fish and shoot.

Inspired
Jeff
Geo Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #272
Skoolie

The Good News Bus 2.0

Hey guys,

Let me reintroduce myself. My name is Shane and 8 years ago my wife Julie and I converted a school bus into a full RV known as the "Good News Bus". Over the past 2 years we have been on the road full time on a trip around North America with our 7 children.

We just launched Season 3 of our YouTube show "The Bus Life". We are about to embark on a new bus conversion because our family just seems to keep growing. See this update video here:

We are getting close to closing a deal on a newer and longer bus and are really excited to get going on our new project. Just wanted to post this update for you all.

Thanks,

Shane, Julie and the Family
Old 05-30-2018, 10:22 PM   #273
Skoolie

Good News Bus 2.0

Hey guys,

It has been a while since I have posted. My wife, Julie and I and our family have embarked on a massive project. Our second bus conversion. This one is much grander than the first and our first one was quite a project. Our new bus is a 2005 Thomas Saf-T-Liner.

The bus on the right is our first conversion. The bus on the left is our new one. The bus on the left is now nearing completion and I wanted to share the journey with you all. We have a YouTube show titled "The Bus Life". Be sure to check it out.

Some of the subjects we have filmed:
  • Roof Raise
  • Welding
  • Subfloor
  • Framing
  • RV Window Install
  • Spray Foam
  • Rood Raise Transition
  • Priming
  • Painting
  • Installing Propane Tank
  • Backup Camera Install
  • Plumbing
  • Building Cabinets
  • Installing an RV Door
  • Installing an RV Fridge
  • Building Bunk Beds

I hope that you can glean from our errors and triumphs.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:02 PM   #274
Skoolie

Meet Up in Fort Worth

Hey guys we are doing a meet up in Fort Worth Texas in the next couple days. If you are interested in coming please comment and let us know and we will post details.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:53 PM   #275
Bus Nut

Come north
Seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 05:16 PM   #276
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: New Flyer
Chassis: D45HF "Viking"
Engine: 11.1L Detroit Diesel S60
Rated Cap: 51,600
Please let us know when you'll be near Indiana!
MarkyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:50 PM   #277
Bus Nut

And I stilll want to know where you found
The door
Seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote