Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2015, 03:32 PM   #61
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Well, that cost an extra $150 we didn't have.... BUT it's done! Forgot the camera.... Sorry....

Old 06-23-2015, 10:19 PM   #62
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
What a bunch of d***s!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:25 PM   #63
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1031A1 View Post
Well, the current storage lot called at 8:30 p.m. just as my wife and I were getting ready to go to sleep. They said the engine was leaking oil all over their lot. So I get up in a panic and get dressed, along with wifie, and when we're almost there they call again and tell us we have until the end of the moth to move out. When we got there at 9:00 p.m., there was a small puddle of oil barely big enough to fit two - one dollar bills on, took less than a quart to top off the engine. To say the least we were IRATE with these morons. The husband said the bus "Does not fit our image". Found another storage lot for the same rate a bit closer to Houston this morning. I'd have preferred to be closer to Katy, but beggars can't be choosers. So in a bit Heavy Fuel will be in her new home. Pics to follow.
Buses seem to have this effect a lot of places. Sucks
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:28 AM   #64
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC/2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9TA
Quote:
Well, the current storage lot called at 8:30 p.m. just as my wife and I were getting ready to go to sleep. They said the engine was leaking oil all over their lot. So I get up in a panic and get dressed, along with wifie, and when we're almost there they call again and tell us we have until the end of the moth to move out. When we got there at 9:00 p.m., there was a small puddle of oil barely big enough to fit two - one dollar bills on, took less than a quart to top off the engine. To say the least we were IRATE with these morons. The husband said the bus "Does not fit our image". Found another storage lot for the same rate a bit closer to Houston this morning. I'd have preferred to be closer to Katy, but beggars can't be choosers. So in a bit Heavy Fuel will be in her new home. Pics to follow.
If you run into problems again I can get you the info for the storage unit I'm at. The guy who owns it is pretty awesome. He lets us run extension cords, borrow his forklift, and even helped us get the wheelchair lift out. There's already one bus that's fully converted, and another couple people working on conversions there too.
austin1989us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:31 AM   #65
Bus Nut

Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 84
There just happens to be a place called CubeSmart about 7 miles from where I live. They have a 9ft x 40ft outdoor rental space for $80.00/month. I may go that route.

Austin1989us, I'd be interested in looking at the place you have as well since I'm not far from Tomball. If you can get me the info that would be great, thanks.
FlyboyHPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #66
Bus Crazy

Austin,

Where is the location?
Old 06-25-2015, 07:47 AM   #67
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC/2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9TA
Quote:
Austin,

Where is the location?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyHPD View Post
There just happens to be a place called CubeSmart about 7 miles from where I live. They have a 9ft x 40ft outdoor rental space for $80.00/month. I may go that route.

Austin1989us, I'd be interested in looking at the place you have as well since I'm not far from Tomball. If you can get me the info that would be great, thanks.
I sent both of yall private messages.
austin1989us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:51 AM   #68
Bus Crazy

Replied to ya!
Old 07-01-2015, 07:16 PM   #69
Bus Crazy

Went to the bus today to do some demo'ing with my son and a good friend of his. WOW did we get some stuff done! We removed all the rubber flooring, removed a bunch of screws in the walls and ceilings, discovered the intercom works, er, is overpowered for the bus (LOL). Had fun calling attention to ourselves as a result. They were thinking about going back tomorrow to do more. However, My son and his friend are now passed out on the couches after their showers, and are sound asleep. We started at 0800 this morning, and finished at 1730 this evening. Here are the pics:

You can see in the last pic where some of the screws are very stubborn. Will be using a grinder to finish them off.
Attached Thumbnails
P1010028.JPG   P1010029.JPG   P1010030.JPG  
Old 07-01-2015, 07:33 PM   #70
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Went to the bus today to do some demo'ing with my son and a good friend of his. WOW did we get some stuff done! We removed all the rubber flooring, removed a bunch of screws in the walls and ceilings, discovered the intercom works, er, is overpowered for the bus (LOL). Had fun calling attention to ourselves as a result. They were thinking about going back tomorrow to do more. However, My son and his friend are now passed out on the couches after their showers, and are sound asleep. We started at 0800 this morning, and finished at 1730 this evening. Here are the pics:

You can see in the last pic where some of the screws are very stubborn. Will be using a grinder to finish them off.
looks good!
Stay hydrated, but you already knew that
Old 07-01-2015, 07:41 PM   #71
Bus Crazy

Yeah, we each went through two bottles of Poweraide Zero, 1/2 gallon of water. When we went to lunch it was unanimous we went to a Chinese buffet not far away. Good thing they EACH packed away three full plates of food (NOT including dessert)! After we called it for the day they were worn OUT! We got sweat-soaked at least three different times during the day. In addition, there were a series of thunderstorms. We had a great time watching the storms go by as we were working. The rain helped keep things cool.

They were talking about a whole host of things teens talk about - from Open Beta in World of Warships to girls that were out of control to paintball on the weekends. It was a blast to be there with them!
Old 07-01-2015, 07:51 PM   #72
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Yeah, we each went through two bottles of Poweraide Zero, 1/2 gallon of water. When we went to lunch it was unanimous we went to a Chinese buffet not far away. Good thing they EACH packed away three full plates of food (NOT including dessert)! After we called it for the day they were worn OUT! We got sweat-soaked at least three different times during the day. In addition, there were a series of thunderstorms. We had a great time watching the storms go by as we were working. The rain helped keep things cool.

They were talking about a whole host of things teens talk about - from Open Beta in World of Warships to girls that were out of control to paintball on the weekends. It was a blast to be there with them!
hauled several of them around to many baseball games..... the new generation can be quite entertaining, and weird at the same time.
One of them turned out to be a phenomenal singer.

one on left is mine
singer is on the right

good clean fun*, the team made $2800 in just an afternoon car hopping for a local drive through burger joint.

*till the cops showed up, and told him to pull his pants up
Attached Thumbnails
dummies.jpg  
Old 07-05-2015, 10:02 PM   #73
Bus Crazy

Well, today my son and I got a bunch done on Heavy Fuel today. Here's some of the pics. I taught him how to use the grinder this afternoon. He was excited about using a new power tools and getting the jobs done sooner rather than later. We discovered the fiberglass has a black glue goo holding it up. So I need to re-read the thread that tells me what chemical(s) clean up the black goo. Right now he's asleep and I'm soon going to be... So here are the pics from today:
Attached Thumbnails
P1010034.JPG   P1010035.JPG   P1010036.JPG  
Old 07-06-2015, 08:07 AM   #74
Bus Nut

Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 84
Wow, you're making great progress. Congrats !!

Being able to spend good quality time like that with your son is priceless. When you can talk "with" them and teach them at the same time is a win win all the way around. I'm going to try and come out this coming weekend and I'll make sure to call first .
FlyboyHPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:17 AM   #75
Bus Crazy

Looking forward to it Fly! I'll know more later this morning!
Old 07-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #76
Bus Crazy

I'm looking for some help in getting a piece of metal to cover the rear of Heavy. I'm looking to remove the rear steel plus rear door and replace it all with a solid piece of sheet metal so I can spray foam the back and, in addition, provide some security. Here are the pics:
Attached Thumbnails
P1010032.JPG   P1010033.JPG  
Old 07-06-2015, 05:47 PM   #77
Bus Crazy

After THREE HOURS of doing battle with the Texas DPS, I WON!!!!! Finally got plates on her! Now I can drive her to some of the people I'm looking to sub-contract to - such as spray-foamers, metal shops and such for help since I don't have my own metal shop and I live in an apartment complex. I CANNOT STAND living in an apartment! YUCK!!!! Steps in getting closer to independent living!! YAY!!!
Old 07-06-2015, 05:51 PM   #78
Bus Geek

Getting rid of the emergency exit?
I wouldn't... But if you want to do it, it looks like you could take off that whole rectangle panel and rivet in a new blank one.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:56 PM   #79
Bus Crazy

That's the point, all three parts are coming off. I need solid insulation and that's the answer. I'm looking at two side windows and a modified roof exit as emergency exits. Wifie has a bum hip, so I have to consider the drop from the back - NOT feasible. So if it can't be used, eliminate it. So I'm getting rid of all the glass and riveted metal in back and replacing it all with one smooth piece of sheet metal.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:58 PM   #80
Bus Geek

ten four.
I'm not arguing or anything, but if the bus is on its side the door will be vertical.
Glad to hear you're going to go with an alternate exit, though.
I'm eliminating the two roof hatches and still considering my options.