Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2020, 06:16 AM   #741
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSquared View Post
y'all moving quick. Congrats on getting into the bus this week. The last pictures are from the insulation I think? Going to be a drastic change!

There already is a drastic change in the interior. Much more to come! Quick doesn't even come close to the speed we're going.... Ever seen the movie "Cars" and who is the main character? DON'T say 'Mater!!!!! LOL....

M

Old 01-27-2020, 06:25 AM   #742
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
Where are you going when you lift anchor? Weather is sure better here in Florida.

We'll be work camping in Colorado for the summer and we have the option of work camping in Utah in the winter, or heading to Quartzsite, AZ for Skooliepalooza this time next year. We'll definitely be staying in the Rockies since I'm most comfortable there. No humidity (helps me breathe easier), 'Vegas where my wife can enjoy her si-coms (she's a big Trek/Star Wars/etc. fan), and I enjoy being a mountain man. I was stationed in the military in the Rockies and enjoyed being there very much. Always wanted to get back to stay.

However, we also have family in Northern New England. SO we are planning an occasional road trip back there and visit some skoolie friends along the way or on the return trip. I also have some HAM radio friends as well as some gaming friends to visit when we go/return.

SO looking forward to this! Just need to get through this stressful week (events that impact the bus build indirectly) and have everything ready as we continue the build while living in HF.....

"Exciting times" doesn't even cover the tip of this ice burg.......

M
Old 01-27-2020, 06:28 AM   #743
Bus Crazy

Oh yeah, Brokedown...

We've been through Hurricane Harvey as well as several others... So weather isn't always better in the Southeast... Just sayin' (nothing personal)....

M
Old 01-27-2020, 07:08 AM   #744
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Hurricane season doesn't start for a couple months!
Old 01-28-2020, 12:17 AM   #745
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
Hurricane season doesn't start for a couple months!

LOL!!!! How well I remember that rhythm of life down there....

We now have shore power AND internet services. Left this morning with the bedroom computer for HF, monitor, keyboard, and mouse.... What did I forget? The power cord !!!!!!!!!!!

Now this winter storm is threatening to shut us down tomorrow.... Oh YAY, NOT!!!!

Sometimes I just want to crawl back into bed and do a sleep re-boot......

M
Old 02-07-2020, 10:22 PM   #746
Bus Crazy

Hey all!

Well, we're FINALLY full-timing it in HF!!! We moved in on Tuesday night. We're still sorting out some stuff, building as we're living in HF. Some plumbing here, walls there, electrical mods over there, and so on. Pics will be easier to post as soon as we find our camera..... One of many things we packed to get out of the apartment asap, but forgot to label the boxes....

Took the past 48 hours off to rest and recuperate. Start working again @ 0900 tomorrow on doors in the back for our clothes storage. That will help us unpack about six boxes and get more room for other stuff. The trailer is full to the gills, the Transit Connect is also full and acting as a temporary storage unit.

I'm replacing the 12 slot electrical panel with a 20 on Monday when we have some more good weather. I need to work on several circuits, but should have everything working by Monday night.

We've reconfigured the 120 volt system to be more "night" friendly, i.e. easier to use at night. Nothing like living in HF to correct some errors before they become permanent.

The back bedroom is now my man-cave and wifie's office is now becoming her she-shack. Shower is being moved next to the clothes washer, second pantry is now moved to across from the fridge, the cat & dog bed areas are now moved to behind the she-shack, and other changes have been made to make living much easier for us and wifie's handicaps.

So far we are LOVING our new home! Cold weather is not impacting our comfort with the occasional breeze from the front door teasing wifie's toes when she's sleeping. We have a solution for that coming up fairly soon.

What is hilarious is when I'm playing some of my on-line games - sometimes the wind will move the bus's suspension and give me a more realistic sensation I'm actually in the game I'm playing. Kinda cool to experience.

So do not worry, pics will be coming as soon as we re-discover our camera......

M
Old 02-08-2020, 02:55 AM   #747
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Congrats, man!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:40 PM   #748
Bus Crazy

FINALLY found the camera!!!!! YAY!!!!

So, for those of you wanting to see what we've done in the last ten days, here ya go!

I've been busy with woodworking and now I'm working on plumbing. I'll have some pics of the plumbing coming in a few days once I get some warmer weather and clear out some stuff that's in the way right now.

Here's some of the progress:

1: My new computer desk. Just finished it yesterday. I'm LOVING the results. Still have more to do, but it's already making life easier.

2: Two pantries. One is for food, the other is for assorted supplies we need on a semi-regular basis.

3: Shower. Getting it ready for walls and plumbing.Trying to keep it simple. Using the Clothes washer side to keep the pluming simple. Also locating the hot water heater directly below both areas.

4: Electrical box. Upgraded from a 12 to a 20 slot box. Needed the extra slots due to unforeseen needs since moving in.

5: Cat & Dog area. Currently being used as storage until we get a firm handle on the build. It's unfair to the animals we will get to ask them to go through this process and continually disturb their home and familiar surroundings. Fur-balls will come when we are mostly finished.

6: Prepping for the ham radio install. Once wifie has her area mostly complete I'm going to focus on my ham set-up. Already have the space set aside, just need to get the time and materials together. It will happen later next month. Then I'll be on-air. YAY!!!!

Still have a large punch list. But each day it gets more manageable. So enjoy the pics. Let me know what y'all think. As always I'm open to ideas!

M
Attached Thumbnails
P1010007.jpg   P1010008.jpg   P1010009.jpg   P1010010.jpg   P1010011.jpg  

P1010012.jpg   P1010013.jpg   P1010014.jpg   P1010015.jpg   P1010016.jpg  

P1010017.jpg  
Old 03-30-2020, 11:37 PM   #749
Bus Crazy

Hey all!

Well, the coronavirus isn't slowing us or our build down a bit. I've been working on the kitchen, header, and some plumbing when the weather permits. We now have the kitchen mostly complete, the front end is coming along quickly, and a few smaller details with wifie's "she shack" are nearly completed.

So, enjoy the pics.

BTW, the farming kids are super busy helping out the families around here since there's a "stay-at-home" order from the governor. NOW the kids want to go back to school to goof off.... LOL

M
Attached Thumbnails
P1020004.JPG   P1020005.JPG   P1020006.JPG   P1020007.JPG   P1020008.JPG  

P1020009.JPG   P1020010.JPG   P1020011.JPG   P1020012.JPG  
Old 06-18-2020, 01:50 PM   #750
Bus Crazy

Well, we're at Dowdy Lake this summer workcamping with HF. Hot water works and the shower is awesome! Just a quick note as we are in Cheyenne getting parts on our day off. More soon.

M
Old 06-18-2020, 09:32 PM   #751
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1031A1 View Post
Well, we're at Dowdy Lake this summer workcamping with HF. Hot water works and the shower is awesome! Just a quick note as we are in Cheyenne getting parts on our day off. More soon.

M
Good deal. That's a pretty area.

"workcamping with HF"
I'm guessing that means you're working at the camp-grounds but what's the HF part mean?

The Murder Bus
banman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:35 PM   #752
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: CS RE
Engine: ISC 8.3 L 260 hp
Rated Cap: 36
HF=Heavy Fuel or Harbor Freight

Ted
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:12 AM   #753
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
HF=Heavy Fuel or Harbor Freight

Ted
D'oh!

It's the name of the bus...

The Murder Bus
banman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:09 PM   #754
Bus Crazy

Heavy Fuel (our bus...........) LOL

M
Old 06-19-2020, 03:19 PM   #755
Bus Crazy

BTW, we're looking at Laramie, Wyoming as a possible home and workcamp during the summer. Wife is now on disability from social security. This opens up possibilities we didn't think about before. Time will tell..... More later.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:15 PM   #756
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: CS RE
Engine: ISC 8.3 L 260 hp
Rated Cap: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1031A1 View Post
BTW, we're looking at Laramie, Wyoming as a possible home and workcamp during the summer. Wife is now on disability from social security. This opens up possibilities we didn't think about before. Time will tell..... More later.
If you go to Laramie check out the nearby Saratoga Hot Springs. Nice little town with free hot springs. Well they were free when I was there almost 10 years ago.

Ted
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote