Old 02-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #11
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: Carpenter
Engine: 7.8 New Holland
Rated Cap: 72
Re: horse hauler?

i have a b700 and it runs great! if you have the block heater pluged in over night it will cold start no problem even in -10 weather
MikeyBskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #12

it's just for the summer show season, so i will not have that kind of condition the season start in may and go to the end of september!

does anyone can tell me what i have to check on that kind of bus before buying it?
pottenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottenza
it's just for the summer show season, so i will not have that kind of condition the season start in may and go to the end of september!

does anyone can tell me what i have to check on that kind of bus before buying it?
With out sounding like an azz here,my feelings have always been to ask that question and realize you or someone you trust looks at it.
By that I would say look at rust(hard to fix unless you can cut it out and replace) and make sure it's mechanically sound...look at and smell fluids(you can tell if its bad or been change recent...if you know what to look at/for)
There are so many variables in vehicles...if it was an isuzu suv I could tell you problem areas,the rest is up to how you or someone you trust interpratates it)
For a bus,it's built on a chassi with parts ie:
How is body?can you fix what's wrong?
Engine same as above
Tranny same as above(if tranny was suspect for me..i'd budget 2k for me to replace
Electrical...well if it runs and charges good...if not diagnos problem and budget for fix

There are so many variables....check it out and/or have someone check it out that knows what they are doing
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:17 AM   #14
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: Carpenter
Engine: 7.8 New Holland
Rated Cap: 72

Ya agreed start with the rust. mine had a decent ammount of rust i spent MANY hours on my hands and knees with an angle grider and a welder haha,
-are you going to be replaceing the floors??
-is it a stick shift? mine is, if so make sure you can run through the gears nicely
-Air brakes or hydrulic? I love my air brakes it stops on a dime!
-turbo or non turbo? mine is and you can really feel the power when it spools into action
-1 or 2 piece rims?? i have heard that 2 peice rims can be a pain
-look underneth and check the frame for excessive rust
-Tire condition, i am looking to get some new treads on my bus and they are NOT CHEEP!!!
-And lastly just go with your best knowlege and gut feeling and im sure you will make the rite choice

Mikey
MikeyBskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #15
Bus Crazy

Tires only cost around $350 for a new 11X22.5, which isn't too bad. Good take off's are 100 to 150 here.