Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
What's the history on that one???
Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #13
Site Team

Bought by one school district from another school district. It was a workshop van/bus converted from a school bus. I see yellow on the firewall. After they bought it, they never used it. It has outlets, but no generator. It was for maintanence to go from one school to another and have their supplies and workspace with them. I believe it's a Ward. The roof looks a little bit taller than pictures of Wards that I've seen on the web. The mileage is original. I want to make a toy hauler type of bus with this one. Everyone I have spoken with has told me that the 466 is an awesome motor. I am happy with this one since I can use it as soon I get my hands on it.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:30 PM   #14
Site Team

Well, I picked up the Ward today. It is in good condition, but it's definately not built like a Bluebird. I think there are more rivets in one roof bow (or whatever you call it) on the Bluebird than on the whole roof of the Ward. The cabinets make more racket than I can stand when you hit potholes. You know we only have two potholes in the whole state of California (my friend is an engineer for Caltrans and he tells me California has a terrific freeway system). I must have been driving in circles because I think I hit those two potholes 500 times on the way home. The power is not like the Bluebird. I don't know how you guys with the DT360's can stand it(not tring to pick any fights. ). But this one starts right up when you touch the key and that motor really purrrrrrs. I am happy with it. If anybody close wants those shelves/cabinets, let me know soon because they are coming out. If nobody wants them, they're coming out with a sledge. More to come...

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:34 PM   #15
Bus Nut

Re: I may be STUPID, but I can prove it!!!

Wow, isn't that something! I also plan to add a small rear deck with some type of stair to my bus but I wasn't planning on something that extravagant!
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote