Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2017, 07:35 AM   #81
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
the exhaust hose should be hot. definitely a mini split will do you better.. it wont do alot for you driving unless you mount the indoor unit over the front header panel then you have a chance at it doing some good while driving.

as ive mentioned before im a huge fan of inverter splits.. I highly modded 3 of them for my house 8 years ago.. cheap chinese units and they are still going strong.. being in ohio I run them for cool and heat both every year..

-Christopher

cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:58 AM   #82
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Almost ready for the open Road...

Spent the first night on the bus. not at all as bad as I imagined -
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7072.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	14814
it's actually cozy. I am about 2 weeks from moving into it full time.
(House is for sale!)

Still a little work to do - definitely need to figure out storage. There never seems to be enough room for things.

Name:	IMG_7074.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	14815
I am working on 30A and 15A outlets for plug in. Who knew drilling metal was so tough...

The 12V system is great - just need to install one panel on the roof - which will be enough to keep the battery charged and run the fans and led lights.

The hitch is ready - just need the wiring - any links to how to do that? It was a lot easier to run the wiring for a hit in my Subaru...
Has anyone done that? Installed a Brake Control? Any help here would be great.
Attachment 14817
Other than that - thank you all for tips / advice. I am looking forward to getting the Biggie Bus rolling (I decided to name the Bus after my super helper dog who I recently lost...)

Name:	IMG_6253.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	14818

Name:	IMG_6976.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	14819
Old 07-15-2017, 01:34 PM   #83
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Rescuer View Post
I really want to get a mini-split unit in here. That exhaust hose gets really hot.
I had the same unit and returned it to Home Depot... it would not cool my bus, even though it says up to 200 sq feet. I now have all my windows open and I purchased two UtiliTECH fans like this:

Ventamatic MaxxAir 20 in. 3-Speed High Velocity Floor Fan-HVFF 20 - The Home Depot

for $35 on sale... crazy enough, we are comfortable here on the east coast of southern Florida. Much cooler than when I was running that A/C unit. I also have a bed for the pups under my bed, which seems to be pretty cool, even during the day.

Congrats on moving in! I sleep so well on my bus!

Sandi
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:03 PM   #84
Bus Nut

I like that - I find if I am not in the direct sun I can keep it pretty comfortable with fans - MY Bernese Mountain Dog gets a little warmer - the 10,000btu does create a decent cooling.

I can't wait to see your bus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWoman View Post
I had the same unit and returned it to Home Depot... it would not cool my bus, even though it says up to 200 sq feet. I now have all my windows open and I purchased two UtiliTECH fans like this:

Ventamatic MaxxAir 20 in. 3-Speed High Velocity Floor Fan-HVFF 20 - The Home Depot

for $35 on sale... crazy enough, we are comfortable here on the east coast of southern Florida. Much cooler than when I was running that A/C unit. I also have a bed for the pups under my bed, which seems to be pretty cool, even during the day.

Congrats on moving in! I sleep so well on my bus!

Sandi
Old 08-02-2017, 05:44 PM   #85
Bus Nut

Power-ish

I finally have the 110 (15A) and a 30A hook done - I hope I did it right - the 15A plugs into my house and runs with no issue - I have yet to try to 30A - but don't need that much power. So I also have a 30A to 15A adapter - just incase.
I am still trying to figure out the solar - looked easier on tv... I may have to wait until I get to a gathering to get some people to give some tips.

Still waiting for the house to sell - but pretty much ready to move out full time. I give it until mid Sept. It should be sold by then.
I was hoping to take the bus from Florida to Cape Cod in a few weeks - but will likely drive the good ol' Subaru. I'll save that trip with the bus for when I have more than a week.

Does anyone have any links or know how on connecting trailer light wires - and brake controls to a 2000 International?
Old 08-05-2017, 04:58 PM   #86
Bus Nut

Give me a day I will have it figured out lol
Seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converting, seat removal