Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-16-2018, 02:24 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 7
In need of advice: 1992 Ward

Currently looking into a 1992 Ward bus. Does anyone have knowledge of Ward buses/advice/warnings? all feedback is greatly appreciated!
bus it out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:27 PM   #2
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 15,578
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus it out View Post
Currently looking into a 1992 Ward bus. Does anyone have knowledge of Ward buses/advice/warnings? all feedback is greatly appreciated!
I had a 1992 Ward Senator. GREAT buses to convert.
I miss mine, but needed a short bus.

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/ro...-own-9771.html
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:40 PM   #3
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 7
Looks like an awesome bus! The one I am currently checking out is a volunteer? (I'm guessing this simply based on the look of the bus. Still waiting for a response from the seller about the specifics). Did you experience any outstanding problems from the Ward bus specifically? while doing research, someone had mentioned that the rust easier than others, tend to bow, and parts are hard to find. wasn't too sure how to heart to take that feedback.
bus it out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:38 PM   #4
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 15,578
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus it out View Post
Looks like an awesome bus! The one I am currently checking out is a volunteer? (I'm guessing this simply based on the look of the bus. Still waiting for a response from the seller about the specifics). Did you experience any outstanding problems from the Ward bus specifically? while doing research, someone had mentioned that the rust easier than others, tend to bow, and parts are hard to find. wasn't too sure how to heart to take that feedback.
They're incredibly RIGID. I cut the roof off one and NO bowing to be seen.
Mine was rust free.
I'd say whoever told you that was misinformed.
Parts aren't hard to find. Its an International FC3900 chassis.
Bus parts in general can be really hard to get.
The seal for a WC door on any Amtran/IC up to 2004 is obsolete, for example. Ask me how I know!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:34 PM   #5
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
They're incredibly RIGID. I cut the roof off one and NO bowing to be seen.
Mine was rust free.
I'd say whoever told you that was misinformed.
Parts aren't hard to find. Its an International FC3900 chassis.
Bus parts in general can be really hard to get.
The seal for a WC door on any Amtran/IC up to 2004 is obsolete, for example. Ask me how I know!

Very good to hear!!! Thank you! Fingers crossed this bus works out!
bus it out is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
1992, ward

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.