Old 05-19-2016, 01:01 PM   #41
Almost There

Yea i dont know if i bought the right elastomeric paint at homedepot but mine is pretty thin. I expected it to much thicker and reflective but got neither. its super dull looking, no shine, and i had to put four to five coats just to feel comfortable. but oh well, the roof is pretty much water proof hopefully.

So yea no pictures this week, will have a few posted next week, the bus is completely stripped and empty. Im gonn abe putting in the thick foam boards on the floor nxt week, liquid glued to the floor.

Im worried about the electrical and foam insulation. when can i spray foam insulate? I figured id get all the exterior lights replaced with leds, backing up camera, whater else i can before i spray foam, then all the interior electric done after the spray since i dont know exatcly where everything will be as of yet. sound good? or should i have most of my interior electric sorted out first before i spray?
carneiro1292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:50 PM   #42
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Chassis: IC CE
Engine: T444
Quote:
Originally Posted by carneiro1292 View Post
Yea i dont know if i bought the right elastomeric paint at homedepot but mine is pretty thin. I expected it to much thicker and reflective but got neither. its super dull looking, no shine, and i had to put four to five coats just to feel comfortable. but oh well, the roof is pretty much water proof hopefully.

So yea no pictures this week, will have a few posted next week, the bus is completely stripped and empty. Im gonn abe putting in the thick foam boards on the floor nxt week, liquid glued to the floor.

Im worried about the electrical and foam insulation. when can i spray foam insulate? I figured id get all the exterior lights replaced with leds, backing up camera, whater else i can before i spray foam, then all the interior electric done after the spray since i dont know exatcly where everything will be as of yet. sound good? or should i have most of my interior electric sorted out first before i spray?
That all depends on how you plan to run you electric. You could spray foam the run electrical anf mask it with woof working. This would allow you to easily access thenwiting for repairs. Up to you in the end
Azuleslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:03 PM   #43
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by carneiro1292 View Post

Install conduit and run your electrical through this. Then you can pull more or remove it if you have issues down the road or want to add stuff.
dgorila1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:10 PM   #44
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
if you are installing pipe for electrical runs be sure to install a pull-string..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:40 PM   #45
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Chassis: IC CE
Engine: T444
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
if you are installing pipe for electrical runs be sure to install a pull-string..
-Christopher
Somehow i know i will forget this when doing my electrical.
Azuleslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:02 AM   #46
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: tc2000
Chassis: blue bird
Engine: cummings 5.9
I used this product to seal the roof.
and love it.
Henry 4.75 Gal. 287 Solar-Flex White Roof Coating-HE287SF871 - The Home Depot
it's hidden the roofing department of Home depot.

also, I used oil based rust oleum from home depot to paint the bus.
very happy with that also. a good sanding should be the only way to paint the bus. BTW.

I'm about to post all my build photos including a deck on my very similar bus.

scootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:38 AM   #47
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Very nice. Gonna use a clear over the rustoleum? It adds UV resistance.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #48
Skoolie

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Engine: 3208 turbo Cat
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
-Christopher
Hey CADILLACKID,what do you mean make sure to install a pull-string?

J
juliol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:26 PM   #49
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliol View Post
Hey CADILLACKID,what do you mean make sure to install a pull-string?

J

if you are running wires inside of conduit.. esp for a distance... its often easy to pull a string through the pipe before the wire... I attach a shop vac hose with duct tape to one end of the conduit.. then with the pull string I attach (for small conduit) a small section of plastic grocery bag to the pull string.. and the string will be sucked right through the pipe...

once you have the string at both ends.. pull enough extra through that you have more than doubled the length of the conduit.. example.. enough string to go bsck to the opther end of the conduit.. cut the string from the bucket.. tie it off somewhere nice.. then you attach your wires to the string and pull through... once pulled through you still have string at both ends of your conduit.. so you can shuttle the string back n forth to add wires as needed... you never remove the string... and it makes it easy if you ever need to add wires..

Ideal Industries 31-340 Powr-Fish® Pull-Line, Heavy Duty | Graybar Store

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:08 AM   #50
Almost There

progress is slow as it is with most things in life. but its going slowly but surely. Luckily the people next door own several hay and feed stores in the area and had a forklift to help me get rid of the wheel chair lift without damaging it. now that i was free of the the lift, i could finally finish up tearing up the relatively rust free floor, or so i thought. Turns out the back portion of the floor around the back and side emergency door were rusted pretty good, nothing a little elbow grease couldn't fix though.

back portion

after grinding the rust, before rustoleum primer

After primer
carneiro1292 is offline   Reply With Quote