Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2007, 06:02 AM   #1
Almost There

Well I can only answer 1 of the questions, and take a stab at a second.

For oil, some engines specify the type of oil. I have an 8.2 DD and use the Rotella T diesel oil. Coolant is the standard coolant you buy for your cars and not sure about transmission fluid, I have not yet considered looking into my AT545 or changing the fluid in it. I have read where people have used the standard level III transmission fluid and had problems. I would google the transmission specifically and you should find a ton of info.

As far as starting it all depends on the weather and such. I tend to idle it until it stops the wavering, which is usually around the time it stops smoking, so on a nice 40 degree F day this could take 5-10 minutes where on a 70 degree F day this takes all of 30 seconds.

Just out of curiosity why are you looking at a transmission cooler? I mean these buses have been running for 20-30 years and built to handle stop and go driving full of kids, if that doesn't heat up a transmission I don't know what does, so unless you are planning to do a lot of towing in Airzona in the summer, I don't see where a cooler would benefit you for the cost and work of putting one in.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:43 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
For your viewing pleasure, the AT545 owners manual, including a nifty fluid recommendation chart, is available for download here