Old 04-19-2014, 08:25 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: bluebird
Chassis: bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 16
Re: Jeremy's conversion project

Add me to the group that is totally jealous of your suspension. I have a Bluebird TC 2000 the same size as your bus. I too have air brakes but spring suspension. It did pretty well for an empty bus with springs but air ride is soooo much more comfortable.
orangepeel91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Crown
Rated Cap: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by browncrown
Love the workbench counter! You're making great progress and the bus is looking good
Thanks, considered buying cabinets from HD, building my own and I was keeping an eye on craigslist. Glad I went with this cabinet. I might get a few more matching small ones for closet/utility space.

There was some conflict on color choices. I was pushing for the green. Now everyone agrees we made the right choice,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango
Killer Cabinets!!! --- And a great looking little heater/stove. It's all coming together really nicely, keep the pix coming.
Thanks! The stove was a pain to take cross-country but it's going to be worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepeel91
Add me to the group that is totally jealous of your suspension. I have a Bluebird TC 2000 the same size as your bus. I too have air brakes but spring suspension. It did pretty well for an empty bus with springs but air ride is soooo much more comfortable.
I think our busses are a really nice size. And, not to rub it in but it really does drive like a dream. It's a smoother ride than my car.
swaflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

I'm using salvage doors for the bedroom walls and the bedroom door. I really like how this is coming out. I was planning on painting them but now that I have them up I like the colors and the worn look. Maybe I should just sand them some more and put a coat of lacquer on them. If I do that I'll color match a quart to paint the new wood on the sides and top and then sand a bit to give it a matching distressed look before the lacquer.

I'm tiring to see if I can work out a way to adapt this salvage hardware to work.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #24
Bus Crazy

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 6-71 Mid-Ship Mounted
Rated Cap: 79 at Birth

It never ceases to amaze me the ideas people come up with on this forum...the bedroom wall and doors are FANTASTIC!!!
Old 04-20-2014, 10:08 PM   #25
Bus Crazy

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu

That wall is by far the best I have seen this side of "Rolling Homes" and that is saying a lot. Leave the original finish and by all means adapt the old hardware--the effect will be exceptional!
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:56 PM   #26
Almost There

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH
Engine: 466
Rated Cap: 64

Your project is turning out very nicely- I like your ideas and the execution of your plan! Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to your progress!
dburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:25 PM   #27
Mini-Skoolie

Finally put the dinette in. I built it a full year before we even bought the bus (I was excited). It isn't attached yet but I cut out the bottom of one to fit over the wheel well which was the plan from the beginning. They will open from the top and the side for storage and/or utility. I built doors for the side too just waiting for the paint to dry before I install them. I haven't made the table top yet but it will drop to convert to a bed. I might break out the sewing machine tomorrow to make the cushions. And maybe some curtains. Also tint guy is coming tomorrow to do all but the windshield. Had to make the appointment a full month ahead- he must be good.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:48 PM   #28
Mini-Skoolie

After tint and pressure wash yesterday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (857.7 KB, 360 views)
Old 04-24-2014, 10:18 AM   #29
Bus Nut

Year: 87
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International s1700
Engine: 6.9 internatiional
Rated Cap: 65

your hard work is paying off, your bus looking good
proconsul100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:07 AM   #30
Mini-Skoolie

So, I've looked around and am trying to fumble my way through designing my electrical system. I have read in several places that 6v golf car batteries are the way to go for house batteries. I was thinking about getting 6 of these Trojan T105 run in pairs to make a 12v system. Is this a bad idea? I want plenty of storage so I can run off solar (probably about 500 watts) with no generator. Fridge, stove, water heater on propane.