Old 03-17-2015, 10:03 PM   #361
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
I love the install, but I'm not a fan of the color.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:18 PM   #362
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: DD6-71T
Rated Cap: 78
Picture does not do it justice. Different colors match the cherry color in the European Birch and the light color in the ceiling and seating. My wife loves it, and that is what matters. She supports my bus conversion habit.

Danville, California
http://www.transtraks.com
gmarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:15 AM   #363
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
I like it.
Your bus is really amazing. Beautiful work sir.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:31 AM   #364
Bus Nut

Thank you for the kind words. This bus is going to be used as our traveling demo and training lab for our transportation software business. So first impressions are key. We are planning to take it the middle of next month to the San Francisco Bay Area school bus roadeo. It will be her coming out party of sorts. Many school districts will be there. Many are already our clients but some are not. Hope to pick up some new clients as we give tours of the bus.

Still things to finish. The shades still need to go in. We have one more overhead cabinet in the back bedroom area. The big touchscreen GPS and satellite radio still needs to go in. Our fecal matter control center is waiting on delivery of the correct maserating pump. They sent the wrong one. The electronic computerized control center for the electrical system still needs to be installed. And the list seems to go on and on. Getting shorter by the day, but still a long list.

We can't wait to take her for a spin.

Danville, California
Old 03-19-2015, 08:57 PM   #365
Bus Nut

Re: Journey Begins - 1988 Crown Conversion

BACK BEDROOM TV INSTALLED

You have got to love Costco. TV's are so cheap. I got a 32" Vizeo LED 1080 HD flatscreen for around $200.

We have placed the TV in the corner of the rear bedroom. It is on an articulating arm so it can both come out and tilt towards the bed and also go flat against the side wall of the bus when not being used.

You can also see the two upper cabinets that we have put into the rear bedroom area. We just decided to install these recently. We need all the storage we can get.

In a later post I will talk about the shade selection we have made for the bus.

This is a view from the driver's side of the rear bedroom area to the passenger side corner.

View of the setup with the articulating arm extended.

We are also going to figure out a setup so the articulating arm and TV stay against the wall while the bus is in motion.

Danville, California
Old 03-19-2015, 09:02 PM   #366
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarvel View Post
We are also going to figure out a setup so the articulating arm and TV stay against the wall while the bus is in motion.
Velcro strips attached to the wall, one on each side that fold over and attach in the center of the screen?

Magnets?

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:12 PM   #367
Bus Nut

I was thinking along those same lines. My preference is something that is hidden from view when it is holding the TV and arm in place. I will experiment and let you know what I come up with.

Danville, California
Old 03-20-2015, 12:28 AM   #368

Year: tbd
Coachwork: tbd
To hold the TV back, I like mechanical connections, so my first thought was a door hook used on sail boats to hold cabin doors open (search "cabin door hook" on west marine.com or elsewhere). They always seemed to work great on boats. They're usually mounted with screws which might be a challenge on the tv unless it can connect to the mounting arm... but I bet they make some pretty tough 2-sided tape just in case.
Ryan_jorgensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:27 AM   #369
Bus Nut

I like that idea. The marine environment is even more bumpy than a bus going down the road. Those sailors have thought it through on how to keep everything in place in rough seas. I have a number of things on the bus that were designed for the marine environment. I will check out that source.

Danville, California
Old 03-25-2015, 04:01 PM   #370
Mini-Skoolie

You are doing such an amazing job. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with my Crown conversion, and I haven't even gotten started (except for removing the seats). I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew.

Wolfy
WolfyWho is offline   Reply With Quote