Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2016, 10:51 PM   #1

Just bought a bus. got lots of questions

Hello all!
I'm a new bus owner. I lead a touring band. There are 6 of us. I've got many questions and I'm learning as I go. Any help would be much appreciated!

We are in the process of redesigning the interior as it was already converted from a previous band. We are looking at adding up our amperage, so we know how much power we will need. I'll be wiring everything up myself with the help of a few electrical engineer friends I've got. Are there any books out there? Links?

Also, I'm very confused about the throttle switch next to the headlight knob. I found some info here on the site but I'm confused as to whether or not I should have it on? I bought it and the throttle was on.

I also know I need to replace the muffler as it's rusted through.

Theres a problem with my dome lights as well. When I pull the knob, they go on for a second then click off. after a min I hear a click from the control panel and I can turn them on again but its the same response. They click off. electrical problem?

I'm really excited to get things going on this bus! I'm reading about the battery isolator to battery wiring. I'll be getting 2 GA extension cord to cut up and use for the wiring.

Open to suggestions!

Thanks everyone!

Taylor

TyrantTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote