"As long as they are protected" is the key phrase. It doesn't take much liquid at all to make things really exciting. Someone on my partybus managed to drop a jellow shot on top of my 2000w inverter. After the jellow melted, and infiltrated through the cooling vents on the inverter, it caught fire. Toxic smoke soon filled the bus, setting off smoke detectors and prompting an evacuation of the bus. Total thermal nuclear meltdown was narrowly avoided. It only took a couple onces of liquid to make all of this happen.
As long as you take the proper precautions, i think the electronics could live under the sink without any problems. I just wanted to share my story as a word of caution.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes (who will watch the watchmen?)