Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2018, 11:02 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: DT-466
Rated Cap: 24
Cool Leauxie - Camp Jessop's Mobile Starlight Lab - X42

https://campjessop.com

Hello! Lana and I have started our conversion about 3 weeks ago. We have a 24 passenger, 30' International (DT-466) with a lift in the back (garage) for our Honda Metropolitans. I've always been into building club houses, then houses and apartments, and bars and... well not it's time to hit the road. I work with Roamin' Rich sometimes on his Route 66 expeditions and am a roadie at heart anyway so - it's all naturally coming together. We have a 1kW solar system that I am installing and use 12v to 5v step down and 12v to 24v step up converters to run different voltage DC items and have a 5000w inverter to run 110v appliances when need be. We have a 42 gallon water tank and a 30 gallon grey water tank that we use for the water circulation and am putting a sit down wet bath in where we will keep the Nature's Head composting toilet. I'm a bit of an electronic/communication/lighting nerd so I'll need that solar to run our 32" "big screen", the scanners and CBs, the addressable LED light strips that will be able to be controlled in every room, individually in any color (not regular solid color strips you can change but each pixel is individually addressable and controlled by Arduino systems I make. So... I can't wait to get all the parts bolted and glued on - it's gonna be a fun summer - hopefully NEXT will be even MORE fun!

Here is a link to our website for updates, feel free to comment, question, follow and just look!

https://campjessop.com

The Adventure Begins NOW.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6085.jpg   IMG_0191.jpg   IMG_0279.jpg   IMG_0829.jpg   IMG_9627.jpg  

IMG_5695.jpg   IMG_0815.jpg   IMG_2901.jpg  

CampJessop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:16 PM   #2
Skoolie

Coachwork: None yet
Awesome! Subscribed for sure!

Couple questions: what's the 5v step down for? What size is your battery bank? And are you running a 5kw inverter at 12v in, that's a huge amount of amperage.
cycle61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:08 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

The 5v stepdown is for the addressable LED light strips. They run on that instead of 12v. And yes, on the inverter, it's been on my system for years, wanted to be able to run power tools and such and it was a backup for a big refrigerator for a while.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:12 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

June 19, update...

https://campjessop.com/2018/06/19/li...en-work/:rofl:

Tags
art, camp jessop, skoolie