Thought about going ahead and painting the floor, but decided to wait till we are done with removing the interior wall panels, and ceiling panels. We went with the cutting a slot on the rivet head and then knocking it off with the cold chisel and 3lb hammer.
Cutting slots on rivets below the windows. A woman that knows how to handle a power tool....sorry fellas...she's taken....
Limited space above the chair rail meant only one slot (instead of making the X). This made removing the rivet heads a little tougher, and the piece of metal the rivets went through would often want to bend in, making a pain in the arse to get the rivets out.
The top of the side panel is spot welded to a another piece of metal that turns out to be the flashing behind the windows. So instead of trying to bust the welds and not mangle the flashing, just took the cut off wheel and cut the side panel just under the welds leaving the welded piece in place. We are going to case around the windows later anyway.
Trying to bust the rivets while nearly upside down, wore me out. Nephews are great help and its always good to teach someone how to do something.
After working so hard on one side, decided that there had to be a little easier way. We cut the X in the vertical rivets, cut the slots on the rivets by the chair rail and then went ahead and cut the tops loose from under the window. The vertical rivets with the X busted off easily. Then we folded the metal down, which made busting the rivets alot easier (we didn't have to contort ourselves to swing the mini sledge)
Glad we cut open the sides, the insulation was going to a powder and there was areas that were leaking around the windows that let water inside the bottoms of the walls, wet soggy insulation!
Now we have just two more side panels to go....and then its onward to the ceiling!