Got some more work done today. 2/3 of the seats are now out, should have the rest out in a couple days, excluding the first row. I have some friends coming up next weekend and we're gonna take it out for a spin since I got my plates last week.
I'm planning to reuse some of the seat covers and foam for upholstery. After that, I'll see if I can make a few bucks selling any good ones that are left to the company I work for. They're stacked up in the bus for now, but once I get all the frames in the shed I'll pile the light stuff on top.
Another important step - got started with painting. It's registered as gray, and I want it mostly gray before I take it on the road next weekend. Roof will be white, window posts black, primary color below the windows will be silver (decided today on Rustoleum Aluminum), and various TBD stripes will be a darker gray and a bright blue. I want to get the silver below the windows done this week.
I rolled on the Rustoleum. I thinned it 50/50 with mineral spirits, and used a high-density foam roller. I was amazed how smooth it came out. I've sprayed with an HVLP gun before, but with nowhere to spray inside and a neighbor who would call EPA, I didn't have much choice. I was hoping to at least get it looking good from 10+ feet away, but I was pretty impressed with the lack of texture. There are a couple panels that look uneven, like I didn't mix the paint enough, but I'll add another coat when I do the next section. The other nice thing about rolling is that it's much easier to re-do small sections, so I can paint it now without having all the bodywork done and the holes cut yet.