Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Mobile command center

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share this little gem. I bought it on Ebay a few months ago, drove it cross country, played around with it for a while and ended up selling it because it was so nice I felt bad tearing it apart to make an RV.

It was so well built and setup as a mobile office, I listed it on craigslist and sold it to someone with a constitution/roofing company who was going to use it as his mobile office.

It was so cool though, I loved it and it is what sparked my Skoolie obsession!!!

Green Bay Police mobile command center, retired 2016. 1981 Wayne bus with 6kw honda generator, 12v and 24v electrical, extreme insulation, 2 ACs 2 heaters, desks, plumbing, computer stations, you name it.

The main reason I sold it was the 9.0L international diesel was a DOG. Maxed out at 63mph uphill about 43mph and average was probably 58mph.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5158.JPG   IMG_5159.JPG   IMG_5160.JPG   IMG_5161.JPG   IMG_5162.JPG  

Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:40 AM   #2
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie View Post
ended up selling it because it was so nice I felt bad tearing it apart to make an RV.
Hahaha. I did the SAME thing with my first bus.

It was so darn clean, Texas beauty. I sold it to very happy guy down on the Gulf. He uses it to ferry drunk students from bar to bar.

2nd bus was a bookmobile- beautiful Maple bookshelves. Was ALSO too nice to
tear-apart, so was going to put it on Listserv, as Libraries still utilize.

Then I sobered-up and got my crowbar out. No going back now !!!!
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:56 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
ha! i got my nice clean texas bus.. and didnt tear it apart to make an RV, I kept it as a bus and just drive it all over lol..

I got asked at starbucks yesterday if I even own a car?

I had thought about tearing apart my carpenter more to make into an RV of sorts but then people at bus rallys are like "wow so nice to see a school bus still mostly original".. and I hear things like "wow cool!! a carpenter in a sea of bluebirds and thomas;s".. so alas I wont be tearing that one apart either except perhaps to insulate it and then put it back together like it is.. a bus.

that m,obile command bus looks fun!!! other than the 9L that bus would be awesome as my mobile DEV lab!.
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote