Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #91
Bus Nut
 
TygerCub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 784
Year: 1995
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 14
Re: 1974 Model 05 Silver Eagle

A relatively easy and "somewhat" inexpensive way to keep from sinking it to build wheel platforms like I did for my driveway. Two layers of 2 x 12's worked really well. As long as they are long enough to spread out the weight of your bus over the surface of the ground, you should be okay. Just make sure to add some sandpaper-like material to the tops or the tires will spin on the wet, slick wood.
TygerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #92
Bus Geek
 
lornaschinske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Roswell, NM
Posts: 3,587
Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: 1974 Model 05 Silver Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadluc
... there is testimony from generals about the coverup. if it was weather balloons, why would they need to build a bunker over in Nevada called Area 51 to hold the bodies..

hey are u still in NM?
Hey, I think there was something else going on. I have known folks I trusted completely tell me what they have seen and I have seen "lights" for decades (we have seen some pretty ones while here in NM). David & his sister watched a craft set down in a small lake their family had a vacation house on. So either it is extra-terrestrial, our own experimental aircraft or a combination of both (I lean towards the latter). I have thought for years that a fantastic way to hide live testing of experimental military aircraft would be to make it look like "UFO's". And yes, I think the military is sneaky enough to do that

We are in Town & Country on the south end of Roswell.
__________________
This post is my opinion. It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Fulltime since 2006
The goal of life is living in agreement with nature. Zeno (335BC-264BC)
http://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #93
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hollywood,CA
Posts: 222
Year: 1974
Coachwork: American eagle
Chassis: Silver Eagle
Engine: Screaming Jimmy 8v-71
Rated Cap: 46
Re: 1974 Model 05 Silver Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadluc
... there is testimony from generals about the coverup. if it was weather balloons, why would they need to build a bunker over in Nevada called Area 51 to hold the bodies..

hey are u still in NM?
Hey, I think there was something else going on. I have known folks I trusted completely tell me what they have seen and I have seen "lights" for decades (we have seen some pretty ones while here in NM). David & his sister watched a craft set down in a small lake their family had a vacation house on. So either it is extra-terrestrial, our own experimental aircraft or a combination of both (I lean towards the latter). I have thought for years that a fantastic way to hide live testing of experimental military aircraft would be to make it look like "UFO's". And yes, I think the military is sneaky enough to do that

We are in Town & Country on the south end of Roswell.
i thought u were getting out of there a few months ago? Roswell is a nice place. I don't know how the rv parks are... but i like it there. are you doing any work there ..selling hot dogs?
__________________
"Thunder Bird"
Chadluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #94
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hollywood,CA
Posts: 222
Year: 1974
Coachwork: American eagle
Chassis: Silver Eagle
Engine: Screaming Jimmy 8v-71
Rated Cap: 46
Re: 1974 Model 05 Silver Eagle

town and country is on my side of town. i didn't think to move back there so soon..but i found a nice piece of land at a good price
__________________
"Thunder Bird"
Chadluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #95
Bus Nut
 
bus-bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Whidbey Island, WA.
Posts: 679
Year: 1984
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 3208 na boat anchor
Rated Cap: 2
Re: 1974 Model 05 Silver Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadluc
anyone ever recycle grey water ..just for showering ... washing dishes
I've used grey water for flushing a toilet, and even at that it's problematic. Filtering is good, boiling would take a large amount of fuel. Probably better to do chemical treatment with hydrogen preoxide. The dissolved stuff would still be in the water. As for taking a shower with recycled grey water--yuck! Of course you could build a proper treatment system, all that it takes is money, knowledge, extra space, and effort. Simple solutions generally work best--i.e. taking on fresh water.

Good luck, I do admire your can-do approach to life.
bus-bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #96
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hollywood,CA
Posts: 222
Year: 1974
Coachwork: American eagle
Chassis: Silver Eagle
Engine: Screaming Jimmy 8v-71
Rated Cap: 46
Re: 1974 Model 05 Silver Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus-bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadluc
anyone ever recycle grey water ..just for showering ... washing dishes
I've used grey water for flushing a toilet, and even at that it's problematic. Filtering is good, boiling would take a large amount of fuel. Probably better to do chemical treatment with hydrogen preoxide. The dissolved stuff would still be in the water. As for taking a shower with recycled grey water--yuck! Of course you could build a proper treatment system, all that it takes is money, knowledge, extra space, and effort. Simple solutions generally work best--i.e. taking on fresh water.

Good luck, I do admire your can-do approach to life.
after i thought about it .. i have a small garden hose on my grey tank, well i crakced it open today and it stunk like death. yea... i don't think taking a shower in your grey water is a good idea. Not for me anyway. Youck youck Yuck... i wouldn't do it for 1000.
__________________
"Thunder Bird"
Chadluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #97
Bus Geek
 
lornaschinske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Roswell, NM
Posts: 3,587
Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: 1974 Model 05 Silver Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadluc
...i thought u were getting out of there a few months ago? Roswell is a nice place. I don't know how the rv parks are... but i like it there. are you doing any work there ..selling hot dogs?
We were living in Socorro (I-25 Exit 147) until Dec. As soon as the early Dec snow cleared, we left. Spent the night in Hondo on the side of the road. I thought it was funny when we pulled out the next morning and realized we had spent the night under the overhang of a store front (for sale) in front of a defunct campground!

Town & Country is pretty decent. Clean bathhouse and decent laundry (wash & dry $3.50 per load). We are paying $400 for our pull-thru site (30 amp/water/sewer/cable/wi-fi). We are at our max budgeted for site rental & utilities. We are surrounded by construction workers who disappear on weekends. They kinda make a mess of the men's bathrooms in the AM. We don't have a working shower or hot water in the bus yet. And a shower isn't at the front of my list. A working kitchen sink is.Although a kitchen sink & working shower will be close together on build. And getting the air chiller system built looks like it will be a pressing issue. Hopefully our idea will work. Snow flurries today but it hit over 80F earlier this week and it's supposed to be low 80's next week.!

David is selling deli sandwiches on the cart, no hot dogs. I am now working part time at Home Depot. I have to be at work at 4 AM. Needless to say, I now go to bed very early.
__________________
This post is my opinion. It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Fulltime since 2006
The goal of life is living in agreement with nature. Zeno (335BC-264BC)
http://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #98
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hollywood,CA
Posts: 222
Year: 1974
Coachwork: American eagle
Chassis: Silver Eagle
Engine: Screaming Jimmy 8v-71
Rated Cap: 46
Re: 1974 Model 05 Silver Eagle

yes i plan to ...need to get a job when i get there. I worked at walmart in the electronics section when i was last there 2 years ago.. but i hate the walmart... the home depot is nice there. its pretty decent a!nd quite ..well compared to if you go to the home depot here in hollywood. Although everything is a mad house here. just so many people.

I'm going to try with applebee's or something waiting tables..see what i can do other than walmart!


good luck 4am. I see its cold there at night hope that bus heats up good!
__________________
"Thunder Bird"
Chadluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:57 AM   #99
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Elk Plain, WA.
Posts: 513
Year: 1993
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DTA360
Rated Cap: 16
Re: 1974 Model 05 Silver Eagle

I love the paint...


Also love the chunk of dirt you picked up... Been thinking about doing the same thing for a long time... What's nice is you can pick up and go without worrying about your property... What could they do to a flat chunk of dirt??? You might be able to make a little money renting out a parking spot or two to other full timers passing threw...
dirtygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #100
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hollywood,CA
Posts: 222
Year: 1974
Coachwork: American eagle
Chassis: Silver Eagle
Engine: Screaming Jimmy 8v-71
Rated Cap: 46
Re: 1974 Model 05 Silver Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtygoat
I love the paint...


Also love the chunk of dirt you picked up... Been thinking about doing the same thing for a long time... What's nice is you can pick up and go without worrying about your property... What could they do to a flat chunk of dirt??? You might be able to make a little money renting out a parking spot or two to other full timers passing threw...

Yea well i'm getting ready for the trip and fueled the bus ,5.00/GAL It's not that easy just to pick up and leave!
__________________
"Thunder Bird"
Chadluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Silver Bullet Booyah45828 Skoolie Conversion Projects 9 09-26-2014 05:44 PM
Help 1984 Eagle Bus Conversion Insurance FL KyVang Titles, Insurance, Registration and Money Matters 0 01-10-2014 06:59 PM
US 180/ NM Hwy 12: Silver City NM - Datil NM (US 60) lornaschinske On the Road | Travel, Trips, Camp Sites, Tailgates 2 04-18-2013 08:40 PM
The Silver Snail... NewSkewlHauler Skoolie Conversion Projects 87 01-28-2012 11:50 PM
1974 Silver Eagle Chadluc Coach Conversion Projects 4 08-07-2011 04:39 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.