Old 03-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #172
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: 1974 Model 05 Silver Eagle

Not everyone wants an AC unit hanging out the side of their bus. We certainly don't. But we can tell Chad how to set up his AC unit from within the basement of his Eagle. Maybe next time he stops by the cart, he can have a chat with David to get a good idea on how to do it. We were going to use a modified window AC unit but have decided to "try" something else. Should be cheaper to build and, hopefully, cheaper to power. But it will be tied into our heating system as well. So we will be building two systems at the same time which will cost slightly more $$ upfront than just buying a cheap window AC unit. Other things first. Depends on how hot it's going to get... that box fan in the window may have problems keeping us coolish. First is a generator for the cart AC. If our "weird idea" will keep us cool during the NM summer, we will tell others what we did and how we did it.
http://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #173
Skoolie

Year: 1974
Coachwork: American eagle
Chassis: Silver Eagle
Engine: Screaming Jimmy 8v-71
Rated Cap: 46

I don't think it looks all that bad at all. i would guess if you were going to be doing a lot of traveling , you would want roof top units. but In my case I needed a cost effective cooling solution to more than just a open window or swamp cooler.

I could have cut a hole in my bay storage luggage door and put the A/C down there and hooked it to my heating ducts i installed, but i did not want to over engineer this. I believe for me installing the A/C in that location is beneficial because with the A/C right behind me, The A/C is central located in the rear and blows the A/C directly on me and i can take it out with just a few screws if i need to move the bus. i don't think its all that bad at all and pretty impressed with just how well it looks.

of course i will shoot the aluminum with self etch primer and then apply that brown filler primer over it so it looks seamless. And i will get a small sheet of sluminum and build a hinged flap for when the a/c is NOT in place I can close the flap and seal that hole shut.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #174
Skoolie

BTW..DEATH PENALTY FOR ZIMMERMAN
Old 03-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #175
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

NO. First, he should have been arrested solely because he shot someone. Then a trial. In this country, you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. This isn't Mexico, where you are guilty until proven innocent.
http://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #176
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
NO. First, he should have been arrested solely because he shot someone. Then a trial. In this country, you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. This isn't Mexico, where you are guilty until proven innocent.
well hes proubly innocent he gave the police his word he was attacked, proubly just my mis calculation in judgement
Old 03-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #177
Skoolie

i'm waiting for it to rain to see how the bus moves thru the mud. because the eagle has the drive axle behind the tag axle with the DD over it , i would think this bus could move thru anything. most coach busses have the drive axle in front of the tag and they hit a little soft spot and just spin out. i can't wait to test this and see how it moves in the mud.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:43 PM   #178
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmylc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadluc
i'm waiting for it to rain to see how the bus moves thru the mud. because the eagle has the drive axle behind the tag axle with the DD over it , i would think this bus could move thru anything. most coach busses have the drive axle in front of the tag and they hit a little soft spot and just spin out. i can't wait to test this and see how it moves in the mud.

dont forget pics!

i like the AC

i know my TC2000 didnt do good in snow or mud. A little mud and it would just spin out and sink. Well it was a FC engine and had no weight over rear wheels.not fun to drive in snow...thinking about it i need to climb under my bus and adjust the brakes. Right tag is locking up
Old 03-28-2012, 02:37 AM   #179
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmylc
dont forget pics!
And an audio tape also!.
pipopak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #180
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/AT545

I would not have put the AC in the side of my bus, but I admire your fearlessness in modifying and creating vehicles like that town-house-car and the absurdly long bus you created before. Chad you have your own unique style, even amongst skoolies you are unique, and I respect people who can march to their own drummer, free from the limiting conventions of a particular school of thought (skoolie thought?).
viewtopic.php?t=4959
Diesel Dan is offline   Reply With Quote