Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #81
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Re: 1974 Model 05 Silver Eagle

Lookin good! And while I know that is just primer...I really like that shade of gray. Keep on keepin' on!

Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #82
Skoolie

Year: 1974
Coachwork: American eagle
Chassis: Silver Eagle
Engine: Screaming Jimmy 8v-71
Rated Cap: 46

I tryed to put the paint on today. Seems i am missing a step. I believe i need to now order a primer surfacer... in yellow or maybe grey..for this paint.I will call trinity paints when they open on Monday to find out what I need. Oviously this did not cover well. luckly I tested it in a small area on the roof. I hope once i get the appropriate primer this will look much better.

If it did go on the way i thought it would i dont know that i could have applied it . my arm needs a rest! I am exhausted from the sanding applying self etch primer.

this was 3 coats.. obviously I did not prep this correct! so i will sand this paint off and get the correct surfacer.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #83
Skoolie

I'v decided to fold up and move to the desert. 5 miles outside Roswell,NM. Here are a few pics of the maps and geo location. I should have base camp set up in about 30 days. I lived at the other end of roswell in a rv once before with no issues.The only thing i had a proublem with was when it rained in the winter. the dirt turns to quick sand and its alot of tire spinning. My ford ranger pickup is a 2wd and this is nothing but dirt! the mud as i remeber cakes and sticks to the tire making it almost impossible to get traction.i do plan non getting a halogen work lamp for out side light , and some solar lights.

I paid 2500. for 2 lots

Old 03-08-2012, 05:31 AM   #84
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 14

Wow. Does that come with city water services? And was that a seasonal rent, or an actual land purchase?
TygerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #85
Skoolie

I bought the land with clear deed. taxes are 12. a year! no mortgage, but no water and no power. but i'v got solar and generators etc. and huge 200 gal water tank on bus.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #86
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Super Coach II, 36 Ft. RE
Engine: Cat 3208T, MT643

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadluc
I bought the land with clear deed. taxes are 12. a year! no mortgage, but no water and no power. but i'v got solar and generators etc. and huge 200 gal water tank on bus.
I'm curious how you plan to dispose of your waste water and resupply potable. Is there a RV dump nearby? What is the cost per dump & refill? How long does a 200 gallon tank last you?

Children drink kOOlaid, adults drink T.E.A.

Gallery: https://www.skoolie.net/gallery/v/Skooli ... +Coach+II/
Locutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #87
Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 47

May need a 4x4, but I like your plan, as long as the UFO's don't keep you up at night.
Motobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #88
Skoolie

the location is actually where the ship crashed back in 1947. But if it rains i maybe stuck, but it snows pretty good there to. its snowing there now! i will have to acess the situation of mud and stuff and maybe just park my truck where it wont get stuck. There is main trailer sales, up the street about 2 miles with a dump station. for grey water , i plan to recycle it. I think if i boil the water and send it thru a filter and pump it back into my water tank , i should be able to get a month from 200gal..

anyone ever recycle grey water ..just for showering ... washing dishes
Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #89
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motobus
...as long as the UFO's don't keep you up at night.
You mean "weather balloons".
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #90
Skoolie

i seen at burning man setting up a small frame of 2x4's with plastic sheeting and dig out under it so the water has a holding place and the sun will just evaporate it.

there is testimoney from generals about the coverup. if it was weather balons, why would they need to build a bunker over in nevada called area 51 to hold the bodies..

hey are u still in NM?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #91
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 14

A relatively easy and "somewhat" inexpensive way to keep from sinking it to build wheel platforms like I did for my driveway. Two layers of 2 x 12's worked really well. As long as they are long enough to spread out the weight of your bus over the surface of the ground, you should be okay. Just make sure to add some sandpaper-like material to the tops or the tires will spin on the wet, slick wood.
TygerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #92
Bus Geek

Quote:
... there is testimony from generals about the coverup. if it was weather balloons, why would they need to build a bunker over in Nevada called Area 51 to hold the bodies..

hey are u still in NM?
Hey, I think there was something else going on. I have known folks I trusted completely tell me what they have seen and I have seen "lights" for decades (we have seen some pretty ones while here in NM). David & his sister watched a craft set down in a small lake their family had a vacation house on. So either it is extra-terrestrial, our own experimental aircraft or a combination of both (I lean towards the latter). I have thought for years that a fantastic way to hide live testing of experimental military aircraft would be to make it look like "UFO's". And yes, I think the military is sneaky enough to do that

We are in Town & Country on the south end of Roswell.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #93
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
Quote:
... there is testimony from generals about the coverup. if it was weather balloons, why would they need to build a bunker over in Nevada called Area 51 to hold the bodies..

hey are u still in NM?
Hey, I think there was something else going on. I have known folks I trusted completely tell me what they have seen and I have seen "lights" for decades (we have seen some pretty ones while here in NM). David & his sister watched a craft set down in a small lake their family had a vacation house on. So either it is extra-terrestrial, our own experimental aircraft or a combination of both (I lean towards the latter). I have thought for years that a fantastic way to hide live testing of experimental military aircraft would be to make it look like "UFO's". And yes, I think the military is sneaky enough to do that

We are in Town & Country on the south end of Roswell.
i thought u were getting out of there a few months ago? Roswell is a nice place. I don't know how the rv parks are... but i like it there. are you doing any work there ..selling hot dogs?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #94
Skoolie

town and country is on my side of town. i didn't think to move back there so soon..but i found a nice piece of land at a good price
Old 03-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #95
Bus Crazy

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 3208 na boat anchor
Rated Cap: 2

Quote:
I've used grey water for flushing a toilet, and even at that it's problematic. Filtering is good, boiling would take a large amount of fuel. Probably better to do chemical treatment with hydrogen preoxide. The dissolved stuff would still be in the water. As for taking a shower with recycled grey water--yuck! Of course you could build a proper treatment system, all that it takes is money, knowledge, extra space, and effort. Simple solutions generally work best--i.e. taking on fresh water.

Good luck, I do admire your can-do approach to life.
bus-bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #96
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus-bro
Quote:
I've used grey water for flushing a toilet, and even at that it's problematic. Filtering is good, boiling would take a large amount of fuel. Probably better to do chemical treatment with hydrogen preoxide. The dissolved stuff would still be in the water. As for taking a shower with recycled grey water--yuck! Of course you could build a proper treatment system, all that it takes is money, knowledge, extra space, and effort. Simple solutions generally work best--i.e. taking on fresh water.

Good luck, I do admire your can-do approach to life.
after i thought about it .. i have a small garden hose on my grey tank, well i crakced it open today and it stunk like death. yea... i don't think taking a shower in your grey water is a good idea. Not for me anyway. Youck youck Yuck... i wouldn't do it for 1000.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #97
Bus Geek

Quote:
...i thought u were getting out of there a few months ago? Roswell is a nice place. I don't know how the rv parks are... but i like it there. are you doing any work there ..selling hot dogs?
We were living in Socorro (I-25 Exit 147) until Dec. As soon as the early Dec snow cleared, we left. Spent the night in Hondo on the side of the road. I thought it was funny when we pulled out the next morning and realized we had spent the night under the overhang of a store front (for sale) in front of a defunct campground!

Town & Country is pretty decent. Clean bathhouse and decent laundry (wash & dry $3.50 per load). We are paying $400 for our pull-thru site (30 amp/water/sewer/cable/wi-fi). We are at our max budgeted for site rental & utilities. We are surrounded by construction workers who disappear on weekends. They kinda make a mess of the men's bathrooms in the AM. We don't have a working shower or hot water in the bus yet. And a shower isn't at the front of my list. A working kitchen sink is.Although a kitchen sink & working shower will be close together on build. And getting the air chiller system built looks like it will be a pressing issue. Hopefully our idea will work. Snow flurries today but it hit over 80°F earlier this week and it's supposed to be low 80's next week.!

David is selling deli sandwiches on the cart, no hot dogs. I am now working part time at Home Depot. I have to be at work at 4 AM. Needless to say, I now go to bed very early.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #98
Skoolie

yes i plan to ...need to get a job when i get there. I worked at walmart in the electronics section when i was last there 2 years ago.. but i hate the walmart... the home depot is nice there. its pretty decent a!nd quite ..well compared to if you go to the home depot here in hollywood. Although everything is a mad house here. just so many people.

I'm going to try with applebee's or something waiting tables..see what i can do other than walmart!

good luck 4am. I see its cold there at night hope that bus heats up good!
Old 03-09-2012, 03:57 AM   #99
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Chassis: International
Engine: DTA360
Rated Cap: 16

I love the paint...

Also love the chunk of dirt you picked up... Been thinking about doing the same thing for a long time... What's nice is you can pick up and go without worrying about your property... What could they do to a flat chunk of dirt??? You might be able to make a little money renting out a parking spot or two to other full timers passing threw...
dirtygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #100
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtygoat
I love the paint...

Also love the chunk of dirt you picked up... Been thinking about doing the same thing for a long time... What's nice is you can pick up and go without worrying about your property... What could they do to a flat chunk of dirt??? You might be able to make a little money renting out a parking spot or two to other full timers passing threw...

Yea well i'm getting ready for the trip and fueled the bus ,5.00/GAL It's not that easy just to pick up and leave!