Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
Almost There

Monkey Bus-iness got 1st stage painted today...

So we found a name..."Monkey Bus-iness". I have this thing about monkeys and my MIL manages to give me a new monkey every year for xmas or bday or something.

Anyway, today she got her 1st stage painting done. Now I read some threads where it took 4-5 gallons of paint, well this was not true for us. I used 1 gallon to roll the roof, this is true, but I sprayed the rest in a 3-hour marathon and it took about 70% of a gallon, so now I have 3 unopened gallons sitting around that I will probably use for painting the inside.

Next week (provided the weather holds) we will paint stage 2 which involves painting the hood metallic blue and taping out the name on the sides and then painting a metallic blue stripe down the sides so the name shows through in white. Now my hand will probably cramp up into a claw and I will not be able to lift my arm for a week, but it came out really well.

Also plan to paint the bumpers black again but wanted to get a couple coats of paint on there.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:50 AM   #2
Skoolie

Re: Monkey Bus-iness got 1st stage painted today...

Did you spray it where it sets or inside some place?

What sprayer are you using?

I want to sprat mine but their is always some wind here.
hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:13 AM   #3
Almost There

I sprayed it where is sits. It was pretty calm as far as wind is concerned. Of course bugs always manage to land in the wet paint, not on the dry parts, just the wet parts.

I use HVLP H827W sprayers. These are an imported spray gun, no brand name anywhere. But if you google H827 you will find them, they are not cheap though. I paid $120 for a pair of them 3 years ago and just searched on them and they are $120 for one now. I need to find replacement filter screens as I am down to my last pair of clean ones. Which I did, just have to wait til Monday to call the supplier.

Today I did the hood...
Old 06-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #4
Almost There

Painted the hood today and mounted the free van seat I got...

Old 06-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #5
Skoolie

Looking good, are you using automotive paints?

I know what you mean about the bugs they do it to me also, does not matter if its latex or oil paint they only land on the wet stuff lol
hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:29 PM   #6
Almost There

The white is Rustoleum, but the blue is a Urethane based automotive paint. I purchased it for another car I had done body work on and painted to sell, so I have a lot of it left over.