Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: thomas
MOVIES ON THE ROAD

from your laptop...i have a used ebay dell d600 512/40gig with dvd drive...235 bucks!

i have this set up at home (my DW loves movies..)

downloaded VLC MEDIA PLAYER...i have stored on an external 320 G harddrive 281 movies!! (thanks to my buddy and his popcorn hour player)

just clip...open file and go!
soundcomes from headphone jack out of my PC to TV,rs232 cable into back of TV...(modern flat sceen have this)

use demonoid to download movies when at home...i start download right b4 i hit the sack....done in morning

al

nosnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: thomas
Re: MOVIES ON THE ROAD

probably chinese to ya eh???

sorry just noticed its in the wrong section...

my bad...
nosnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Sounds like one of those, "If you dont understand it, Your too OLD!"... Demoniod is fine, use a mix of Mininova, The Pirate Bay, and IsoHunt will find alot more and sometimes better downloads... or at least more peers for download.
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

How are you guys getting past speed limitations? Are you just port forwarding so your ISP can't castrate your speeds?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:48 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Partly. You port forward to get through your router. I use numbers around 25000, and only open two ports right next to each other. But thats cause my router will block my program if I dont forward...

Then, you find out what your max download and upload speeds are. Do this from places like http://www.speedtest.net, http://speakeasy.net/speedtest/, http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest. Normally I run about three tests at each one. One test doesnt tell you correctly, as most services will fluctuate depending on how much your using the net, how much someone in your house is using the net, and how much net traffic there is. Doesn't hurt to run this test also... http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transpa...ttest-mlab.php It will tell you if your ISP is trying to muck with your downloader. If your using Comcrap...sorry, Comcast, dont use torrents unless your on a business account. They kick you with little to no warning if you go over 1 or 3 gig a month. I have read of one person getting kicked for streaming Heroes from the NBC website. I think it was the third ep that got him into trouble...

Setting up the downloader is harder to explain cause I dont know which program you use and I only use uTorrent http://www.utorrent.com. But with uTorrent, you just have to tell it what port to use and what your upload speed is... Your pretty much ready to go at that point.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
Bus Nut

And if I ever have children, (and dont kill them), I am sure that they will say the same thing to me one day.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:28 AM   #7
Bus Nut

Ladies are generally more understanding of children, and I tend not to get along very well with ladies more masculine than I am.

But, yes, Very True.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

To make things even nicer look into getting a modified xbox1 (not the 360)
Get a huge hardrive and you have a personal entertainment system that does not take up much space...
Old 08-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #9
Ob1
Skoolie

Year: 1963
Coachwork: Grumman
Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: Chevy 292 I-6

Why so complicated?

I mounted a 22inch LCD HDTV with integral DVD player to a 2-arm wall mount, bolted to the wall. And, the bolts protrude into the pocket area of the pocket door, so I have a bulletproof mount and no visible hardware from the outside!
Ob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Because you can put about 300-500 dvds on the xbox instead of storage for those same dvds, and then just choose what u want to watch from the remote...and can set up multi hour playlists etc.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #11
Bus Nut

True, Or you can just use a binder to hold your movies and they take up about as much space as the xbox and doesnt need extra power to use it... Cheaper too.

But if you have to go the electronic route, might as well just get a mini-computer. They arent that hard to upgrade when the time comes, and have a much longer lifespan then the xbox. Plus, there are emulators that will allow you to play games on it from most systems, or just play computer games, surf the net, and so on. Just hook it up to the newer TVs.