Old 03-19-2018, 12:11 PM   #131
Mini-Skoolie

Very nice. Great progress. When do you work and sleep?! Being in NE Ohio, your thread has answered a bunch of my questions. Some I didn't even know to ask.
rhbcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:14 PM   #132
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
Here is the latest video on how the cabinets turned out, the LCD meter install, and the extra needed items I ordered online.........

Old 03-26-2018, 04:26 PM   #133
Bus Nut

Window framing, water tank, plumbing

I was able to get some work done on the bus over the weekend. I got all the windows framed in and I really like how they look. The water tank got plumbed. I was a little scared to drill a big hole in the side of the bus and thought I screwed up not leaving enough room below the rub rail, but it worked out so as rain water will be diverted and less chances for leaks.

I also converted my 20" stove to propane and for testing purposes only, I hooked up a propane tank to it inside the bus to make sure it works before plumbing it. Nice blue flames on all burners and the oven.......
Old 03-26-2018, 09:28 PM   #134
Mini-Skoolie

Love the window framing. Nice work
rhbcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:39 PM   #135
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: CAT 3126
You are making good progress! How long did propane conversion take? Iím getting ready to do that with mine.

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/4-...ner-18205.html
david.dgeorge07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:08 AM   #136
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.dgeorge07 View Post
You are making good progress! How long did propane conversion take? Iím getting ready to do that with mine.
Fortunately, this oven had adjustable orifices and regulator, so converting it only took like 10 minutes. I should have a video up today showing the oven working.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:10 AM   #137
Skoolie

That's a good length bus. I am at probably page 4 on your build thread where you are talking about the ceiling height. Given the limitations, I would seriously consider doing a roof raise, if just a mild one... I know that can add cost, and a lot of effort, but it might be worth it to gain 6 to 12" of additional headroom...
dbhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:26 AM   #138
Skoolie

Just finished the thread. Sorry I can't see the videos from where I am due to firewall, but.... From the photos I see you are really making good progress!

Like I already mentioned, that is a GREAT size bus. If you are good with the headroom the way you have it, leave it! No need to go through the added work or raising the roof if you don't have to!

What make / model is that stove? How did you find it? What sort of hoses are you using for the connection?

And mostly. You said you had the help of an Amish cabinet maker, yet you went and got Home Depot cabinets? I am a bit confused by that move....

Keep up the good work, this is coming together nicely. Will be fantastic once you are done!
dbhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:31 AM   #139
Bus Nut

The latest video is now up..............

Old 03-27-2018, 06:52 PM   #140
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhost View Post
Just finished the thread. Sorry I can't see the videos from where I am due to firewall, but.... From the photos I see you are really making good progress!

Like I already mentioned, that is a GREAT size bus. If you are good with the headroom the way you have it, leave it! No need to go through the added work or raising the roof if you don't have to!

What make / model is that stove? How did you find it? What sort of hoses are you using for the connection?

And mostly. You said you had the help of an Amish cabinet maker, yet you went and got Home Depot cabinets? I am a bit confused by that move....

Keep up the good work, this is coming together nicely. Will be fantastic once you are done!
I am satisfied with the headroom. I still have an inch over my head and I am good with that. Raising the roof would be an option if I was taller, but I would have probably got a taller bus if that were the case.

The stove is a Hotpoint 20" apartment sized range. I found it on craigslist and drove 45 minutes away to get it.

The Amish friend of mine does cabinets, roofing, construction, and all sorts of stuff. To keep costs down I went with pre-made oak cabinets. He might be a friend, but his labor is not cheap. He will be building the full size bed, the walls, the shower stall, the couch that folds out to a bed, and hanging the upper cabinets to the ceiling.

Thanks for following along the build! Things will be moving very quickly once he gets started next week.