Well we have slowly been progressing, and I say slowly. This shot is of the exterior. All is done with the exterior for now or as I get to the interior items which will require me to do additional work on the exterior, such as adding vents and electrical/water inlets and such. One thing I do want to fabricate this winter is a visor over the windshield like you see on the semi tractors. I will be building in out of metal plate and painting it black.
I have gotten the sub floor in. As you see it is stripped out with 3/4" with foam board insulation between them then 3/4" plywood glued and screwed. My uncle gave me about 10 gallons of pool paint. It is a two part paint and is the thickest, hardest stuff I have ever used. EVERYTHING was coated and chaulked before the floor went down. I am confident there will be no leaks.
After the flooring went down we built boxes around the wheel wells and packed them with loose insulation. This should help with sound and insulating. Again, everything is glued and screwed. My dad then gave them a coat of paint.
Next is a photo the rough framing of the bunks that will go over the wheels. The bottom of the bottom bunks will lift go gain access to the area under them for storage or access to lines or wires. The walls are studed out and 1.5" foam board insulation will go between the studs.
This photo shows the wall that will divide the kitchen from the bunk area. I am going to try and mount a 24" door and see how it looks. You can also see we have gotten the dash painted, stereo mounted in the dash and a driver's seat mounted.
I next need to order a distribution box and get my interior wiring completed. It will be set up for 12v and 110 AC. Work is slow but I only get to it a few hours one day a week.
Before winter I hope to get some of the walled sheathed. I am still trying to decide on the interior colors. The walls and cabinets will be painted with oil-based gloss paint.