Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2016, 12:06 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

My $450 '92 Blue Bird

I've been talking about it for years, got out of the Army, sold my house and bought 10 acres. Meanwhile I had planned on building a big container house, but then realized that it was permanent. I have a lot of Army buddies around the world/country that I would like to visit, so naturally the idea morphed into a bus conversion.

I own a hotrod shop, and we do the weekly auctions. This Blue Bird showed up at my buddies tow yard a few months ago so I've been patiently waiting for the 45 days so I could bid on it.

Paid $450.
He towed it to my shop for $225.
Spent $200 in batteries

It fired up within a few minutes of cranking after I cracked open the fuel line to the injectors.

I called the truck shop it was towed from, they said the PO had it towed there because it wouldn't start. They put some new tires on it, new starter and a few other odds and ends and the PO never showed up.

So I'm $9xx in it at this point. The bamboo flooring was already in it, and it appears to be real (5/8 with no laminate or print line) so it's staying.

And on to what I'm currently working on, which is framing ( and making it look a little less like a school bus at the same time)

At auction:

Where I stopped today:

Onetype is offline   Reply With Quote