The weather has been cold and nasty here, so I haven't gotten much done lately. It's not fun to be under the bus in the cold and wind holding a wrench on seats bolt nuts! The last couple of days it has warmed up a bit though, so I've finished getting all the seats unbolted. Now I just have to get them hauled off. A few friends and family members have said they want some seats, and I'm happy to let them have them, but I just wish they would get over here and get them so I can get them out of the bus! I can't do much when the back half of the bus is piled high with seats. I guess if they don't come get them by tomorrow night, they're getting hauled off.
So far, I've decided to keep only 2 seats so someone can ride with me for now, and they might be used for temporary dinette seating until the real thing gets built.
Last night, I got the channel removed that protects the hoses that run to the rear heaters. I still have to remove the heaters and the hoses, but at least I can get to them now. I also removed the big duct that sends heat back to the first few seats.
I can't believe the heating system on this bus. There are 4 separate heaters in this bus that control 6 different components of the heating system. Last night I was studying the heater that sits right by the entrance door, and I think I will be removing it. Right now, it controls the defrost function (among other functions) but I think that I can re-route air from the driver's side heater for the defrost. That will open up room in the door area for a passenger seat, since I plan on moving the entrance to the bus back in front of the rear tire.
This is the mid-rear heater. It's a single fan unit while the far-rear heater is a double fan. Once progress is to the point of framing, I plan on installing the smaller heater in the bedroom area and the larger heater under the dinette or kitchen cabinet to heat the living/kitchen area. I plan on having propane or possibly wood heat when all is said and done, but it's nice to be able to warm the bus from the engine when it's running. No sense in letting those BTUs go to waste.
That's it for this update. I'll probably get more done tonight. Hopefully...