Tonight I picked up a load (10 boxes) of flooring that I'm receiving for free. I'm getting about 35 boxes of mix and match. i don't care. I'm sure I can match up enough boxes to do what i want for the walls and floors and then do whatever with the rest. I've decided to stick to the tongue and groove paneling for the ceiling.
Below you'll see a pick of my van at the warehouse with 6 boxes on the roof. there are 4 in the car too. they are 50lbs each box so I didn't want to over do it. I also have a couple pics here showing a bit of one of the packs laid out on the floor.
So besides that tonight i worked on the lighting of the bus. My headlights did not work, the rear signals did not work and the marker lights quit working. Well after much work, i have no clue what's with the marker/clearance lights but most of them work but their wiring is so screwed up so i am going to run a new direct power line for them all and put a switch on my panel for them.
Last night we had replaced one of the headlights but couldn't get them going. tonight i replaced the hi/low beam switch and voila i could see the light!
The tail lights/signal lights on these buses are interesting. the signal light is on a separate circuit then the brake lights and running lights so you must have 2 lights on the back on the left and 2 on the right. So right now i managed to get the running lights working and the signals which it turns out the wires were cut under the dashboard so i had to reconnect those and voila we have running and signals!
To do some of the marker lights, i had to start taking the back ceiling panels out and the rear wall panel. This wasn't so bad. just some drilling of rivets and removal of screws. Looks like the bus had mice at some time living in the walls and to my surprise, it looked like squirrels may have also lived there at some time.
I removed the AM Radio that the last guy had installed under the dashboard. I plan on putting an am/fm/cd player in there instead.
Finally tonight i also removed the standee bars at the entrance and behind the driver. what a difference in space this makes even though it's so small. i had planned to take them out anyways because i want to put captains chair in the drivers seat and the co-pilots that can swivel around so they would have been in the way.
I also secured a storage spot for my bus today. Turns out the company is owned by a co-worker of mine so he has said he will have no problems with me working on the bus while it is parked at his rv yard and i will have come and go access all I want. Good to hear as I didn't want to be stuck with just a storage site.
pics at http://www.trolleybus.ca/bus