Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2009, 04:49 AM   #1

nascar redneck bus

Hello all. i back in the market for another skoolie. ive already did one bus conversion and tought i would share some of my pics. i dont actually have pics of the bus finished but its really close in these pics. i dont know were the finished pics went too. this bus i built with my dad a few years ago to take to the nascar race in Michigan. now its time for me to build my own. i live in an rv right now but as soon as i find a new bus im gutting this thing and building a bus.

back in this corner now is the toilet.

now there is a deck on the top and nascar stickers all over it. we also put the nascar logo between the lights on the top.

my next bus will have the center of the roof cut out and raised. giving me room to add a loft front and back as well as more head room. something along these lines. i would actually prefer a flat nose diesel pusher but didnt have a pic of one. my plan is to use the part of the roof i cut off just raise it up.

barrowed and modified this image from someone else.

bikevision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:06 AM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.2 liter diesel
Rated Cap: 24
Re: nascar redneck bus

Welcome!! Nice pics! What do you plan on doing differently with your next bus?

-Ray
Old 01-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #3

Re: nascar redneck bus

my nascar bus was built to sleep 5-6. the bunk beds were a must and my dad wouldnt even think about raising the roof. i had some say in how it was laid out but it had to pass by my mother first. unless it was something that just couldnt happen it was how she wanted. it i just made the blue prints. my dad just followed the plans and built it as i designed it. mom didnt do any work just got in the was as mom's do.

with my bus im building it for ME. that is i wont be putting bunk beds in, i will raise the roof and im doing it my way. there will be a wood stove for the main heat. as well as a propane furnace out of my rv. i'll be making two lofts in the raised roof part. one will be my sleeping area and the other will double in the event i need extra sleeping room. beyond that it'll make extra storage room. i will also have the couch that will fold down so i could sleep 6 if i had to. i plan on doing a knotty pine rustic interior. im actually thinking i may bring the raised roof up farther toward the front for more room. i dont want to raise the entire roof just the middle. in the back i plan on making a good sized bath room. i like to have room to move around unlike in my rv. a shower that i can actually turn around in.

ive been toying with the idea of making it look like a caboose. or making my trailer that i haul behind the rv as a mobile shed to haul my tools and motor cycle, into the caboose and making the bus look like a train engine. but thats just ideas for now. the main concern is to get a good bus and get in it and out the this crappy motorhome.
bikevision is offline   Reply With Quote