Well, I have all the seats removed. What a dirty job! My nieghbor kindly helped out and climbed under the bus and held the bolts while I turned them from inside the bus. I have at least one person that wants 4-6 seats, but I still have about a dozen more to get rid of!
What is the best way to fill in all the holes left over from the seats? I was thinking of getting a dowl rod and making "pins" and glueing them in place. Anybody have any suggestions or a better way?
On another note, the left front tire has developed a slow leak. I called the local tire shop, they quoted me $40-50 to fix it. I made sure they knew it was a heavy truck tire (9.00R20) on a split rim. Just another expense to take care of, which will probably have to wait until next payday.
Next project once I get rid of all the seats (just unbolted, but still sitting in the bus right now) is to CLEAN the bus. I don't think that bus has been cleaned at all during it's use as a school bus! At least it was never cleaned WELL! All kinds of nasty stuff under the seats and along the edges. The filters on the heaters are caked with dust and lint. Oh well, just more stuff to keep me busy and out of trouble.
Oh, if anybody is interested, I do have a website that I am updating at http://home.gci.net/~graymouser/
Just click on the "My Bus Conversion" link on the sidebar. Unless you really want to read about my incredibly boring life (away from the skoolie).