Wow - almost two weeks without an update!
Lots happened.. let me catch you up a bit.
Was given a class 5 hitch capable of 12,500lbs. It was too wide and too tall so I cut it down, and welded it back together. My cousin is a weld inspector and he did the welding because I'm a bit out of practice compared to him and ultimate strength was important.
Looks a hell of a lot better - you'll see it again in a few pics. Drilling through the frame sucked as it was beefed up in one section so I went through 3 - 1/4" plates for 2 of the 8 holes. Will definitely be strong enough for the small stuff I'll use it for.
Ran a bunch of Liquid Rubber - Seam Tape on a bunch of areas I thought might be prone to leaks. Then added Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant on top and put it over all of the seams, rivets and any area that wasn't solid metal. I do NOT want leaks later on and from my reading this seems to be a common thing with most Skoolie owners.
Then we started putting bed liner on the back deck, and both bumpers. Had a bit left over and it cannot be reused so my great helper started doing up the front in a cool pattern over the fenders.
I really like the look of the bed liner. I might even paint the whole bus like that in the future for that badass rugged look and durability.
No SDR you can't borrow my helper :P lol
I redid the interior with Rust Bullet - that stuff is amazing.
So then after consulting with my Uncle - he felt the Liquid rubber wouldn't do well with white paint and might bleed some color through and turn it brown or whatever.. Plus black was $4 a Gal cheaper!
Busted out my Wagner electric spray gun and Ramrod quickly had me humming Whoa Black Betty bam ba dam in my head
NOTE - as you can see - I made sure my hood was open and sprayed the front grille from laying down below so that there is no overspray on the radiator - you don't want to create cooling problems.
Now it looks pretty sweet! I still like the look of the bed liner but the Tremclad Semi Gloss black worked great after quickly scuffing the original paint with a palm sander and 100 grit.
The wheels are still not pretty, but when I get at all the mechanical items I will have the rims off and paint them up nice as well.
One pic I missed taking is where M used the Bondo hair to fill all of the holes inside the bus.
Oh and we tinted the 5 windows. 35%. Pain in the butt on old windows with less than perfect surfaces. Hopefully they don't peel. But it will aid in the privacy aspect.
Next up is Spray Foam!