Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2005, 08:31 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Dang you sure did a nice job. Glad to hear she runs good. Congratulations on the job as well.

busone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 05:03 PM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 1985
Coachwork: ThomasBuilt
Chassis: International Harvester S-1700
Engine: 9L IHC V-8 Diesel 180HP
Rated Cap: 60
Well, those numbers don't sound bad to me. The most I can get on flat ground is 50MPH.

I know you're just checking it out, (and you may already know this) but I'd be careful about coasting downhill at speed. From what I hear it's Not A Good Thing from a safety standpoint. Not trying to tell you your business, just FYI in case you might not have heard that before. (And there's always the possibility that what I've heard isn't true.)

...but I'd give my eye teeth to be able to go 60MPH...
Eric von Kleist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:05 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Drivetrain Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric von Kleist
Is your bus a Thomas-built Bus? I can't recall identifying it from the pictures. The interior space and length you mention is pretty much exactly what mine is, and mine's a 60 child/40 adult passenger bus.

On my bus, the "Line Ticket" is mounted on the back of the air intake structure on the front of the hood. Mine's an '85 International S-1800. The "Line Ticket" is the manufacturer's specs about everything installed on the bus (when it was manufactured -- school district could have made modifications over the years), and includes the information you are looking for. I have also heard that line tickets have been found behind the glovebox. My line ticket is a piece of paper about 4" wide by 12" tall that is stuck to the fiberglass with some clear tape or something like that.

That reminds me, I need to copy down all that information, as the ticket is beginning to show signs of wear.
My guess is that it's a Carpenter body. There are still a few of these running round in my area.
2006 Chevy Aveo LS
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:29 PM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Send a message via AIM to slade
Yep.

Quote:
I know you're just checking it out, (and you may already know this) but I'd be careful about coasting downhill at speed. From what I hear it's Not A Good Thing from a safety standpoint. Not trying to tell you your business, just FYI in case you might not have heard that before. (And there's always the possibility that what I've heard isn't true.)
You, Sir, are correct about that. At the high end of the speed envelope, it is a scary endeavor that I don't plan to repeat.

Quote:
My guess is that it's a Carpenter body. There are still a few of these running round in my area.
Yep, it is a Carpenter body.

1986 International Skewly
https://www.walterstribe.com/skewly
slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:11 PM   #25
Skoolie

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 370
Rated Cap: 44
I didn't get a chance to read all your posts yet or any details about your process, but i did take a quick gander at the photos on your site.

NICE JOB!!!

Plotting the next project now. Looking for a clean diesel pusher with low rust/miles. Identical plans with plumming and biodiesel added :)
dammitAndy is offline   Reply With Quote