I finally had some free time and got to do some work on Wanda this weekend. I didn't get to ripping out the rest of the walls like I had planned, but I made some pretty good progress.
Last week I bought parts from Amazon to install a backup camera. I got a 7" LCD screen and two cameras. They work great until I start the engine. When running there is a ton of interference on the display. I'm not sure if I have a bad ground somewhere or if I need to put some sort of noise filter on the power to the cameras. I'll debug that issue the next time I have it in the driveway. When I turn the key to accessory with the engine off the picture is perfect.
View of the screen in the cockpit.
View of the upper camera.
View of the lower camera.
View of lower camera mounted in the bumper.
View of the upper camera mounted.
While I was running all of the wiring I cleaned up the wiring and mounting of my tinytach. I'm going to have to debug this one as well. It was working perfectly before I re-ran all of the wiring, but now it randomly won't register RPMs on idle. It just drops back to the total number of hours setting. I think I must have moved the pickup into a bad spot on the fuel line and it's not getting a constant signal. Either that or I've got a bad ground. That'll teach me to start moving things around when they are working perfectly.
Tinytach mounted and wires run through the dash.
After getting all of the electrical work out of the way and installing my new "toys" I spent the weekend scraping off all of the refective stickers. WOW, they REALLY did a good job with the adhesive on those things. I tried every trick I've seen posted here to get them off. Oven Cleaner, diesel fuel, gasoline, acetone, goof off, goo gone. It was finally the goo gone gel in the spray bottle that worked the best. It wasn't ideal, but it did the job. Spray the stickum liberally with the gel. Let it sit for a minute or two then hit it with the razor knife. Clean off the razor rub with a goo gone soaked rag, and scrape some more. It took a ton of scraping, but I finally got it off. I managed to get every sticker removed from all sides of the bus except the back before I ran out of goo gone. Unfortunately the back of the bus is where they decided to put the most reflectors. *sigh*
Wanda is now back in her spot at the storage lot, and I'm off to bed to rest my sore arms and let the sunburn soak in for the night.