Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2004, 09:43 AM   #1

New to Skoolie

Hello everybody. I' just joined the forums in order to learn more about doing this. I haven't even bought a skoolie yet. From everything I've read and seen, I think I've settled on getting a flat nose bluebird. I do have a couple of questions though. I noticed some folks raised their roofs and others have left them. I'm 6'3" and my wife is 5'11" so this is something, I'd like to know more about. Also what kind of distance can you get on a skoolie? Are there tanks large like the big over the road buses?

Thanks!

Sundial Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 11:01 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
Re: New to Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundial Camper
Also what kind of distance can you get on a skoolie? Are there tanks large like the big over the road buses?
School buses usually either have a 30 gallon or a 60 gallon tank. If you have a 60 gallon tank and got around 8mpg that would give you a range of 480 miles, I don't that is bad at all!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 03:49 PM   #3
dug

glad to have found yall. we have a 80 ford 370 powered blue brid body with only 27,000 miles old daycare bus and we want to haul 4 wheelers and camp i have measred and can get 8 quads in back with them on a 45 degree angle and the front tires on the back rack kinda piggy back that saved a lot of room when the quads come out the cots fold down up front im thinking couch or loveseat already have booth from burger king maybe out side shower we get kinda dirty. back and ramp is ready to go. just for weekend trips. would like to power tv and playstastion for kids. already have cd player installed. will have pics soon
dug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 04:01 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 1987
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 366 Gas
we are going to make are bus to hold two snowmobiles in the back and pull some on a trailer. We are hoping to haul 9 people.