Old 04-16-2016, 03:56 PM   #71
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Chassis: international
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowlitzcoach View Post
Lower temp or higher humidity may be just a happenstance.

Although, while both will increase resistance, I doubt either one is in play in this case.
So far I have only messed with fueses to take a picture. Haven't messed with dash either. You gave me a starting point so I'll go from there.

Thank you

livinthelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:00 PM   #72
Bus Crazy

IIRC, the relay at the bottom right of the box is the power relay to the side panel.

Fortunately for you, the wiring diagram is still legible and handy to where you need to work on the electrics.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:28 PM   #73
Skoolie

I agree 100% I also know how lucky I am for how clean the wiring is compared to some I have seen on here
Old 04-16-2016, 04:33 PM   #74
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowlitzcoach View Post
IIRC, the relay at the bottom right of the box is the power relay to the side panel.
The silver round tube on bottom right you are talking about right? Is that something I have to get from bus parts place or any auto will have
Old 04-16-2016, 05:45 PM   #75
Bus Crazy

Chassis: '97 BB TC1000, 5.9l
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
Side question; how do you get that door open? There's no handle. There's nothing wrong with my bus yet, but I figure I should know how to get that door open at some point before something does happen.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:06 PM   #76
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post

Side question; how do you get that door open? There's no handle.

Outside.. There is a handle to pull open with key.

There's nothing wrong with my bus yet, but I figure I should know how to get that door open at some point before something does happen.
The fist day we got it I stopped for fuel and the ground at the pump was tilted. I stepped out to check I was lined up for fuel tank. Little wind and bam doors closed and locked. I was lucky the back door was unlock.

I now know how to lock the doors open. Other than that if I lock my self out or something doesn't work to unlock I haven't figured out how to get in yet. Like you said at some point I should figure it out sooner than later. Any suggestions?
Old 04-16-2016, 08:07 PM   #77
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post

Side question; how do you get that door open? There's no handle.

There's nothing wrong with my bus yet, but I figure I should know how to get that door open at some point before something does happen.
Outside.. There is a handle to pull open with key.

The fist day we got it I stopped for fuel and the ground at the pump was tilted. I stepped out to check I was lined up for fuel tank. Little wind and bam doors closed and locked. I was lucky the back door was unlock.

I now know how to lock the doors open. Other than that if I lock my self out or something doesn't work to unlock I haven't figured out how to get in yet. Like you said at some point I should figure it out sooner than later. Any suggestions?
Old 04-16-2016, 09:24 PM   #78
Bus Crazy

I've left all the safety buzzers on the doors because I'm an idiot that needs reminding sometimes. Ok, most of the time.

I've never gotten locked out. My previous buses had manual doors while this bus has air doors. Air doors, when there is no air, do not necessarily stay closed. A strong gust of wind can suck the doors open half way. Not good on a cold windy night.
Sometimes it occurs to me that buses might not have been designed to live in.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:32 PM   #79
Bus Crazy

I just checked my electrical access door again, because you made me think I missed a key hole. There is no hole of any kind in my door. There is a piano hinge the height of the door on the left side, but no obvious way to open it. Weird.

The air access door is just below the electrical access door, but there is a partition separating the electrical area and no apparent catch or release there either.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:47 PM   #80
Skoolie

Robin97396

I've left all the safety buzzers on the doors because I'm an idiot that needs reminding sometimes. Ok, most of the time.

I was going to pull all of ours too but stopped for the very same reason

I've never gotten locked out.

have you ever been somewhere and see someone do something that made you think...

What an idiot! Did he not see that coming?

That would have been me when I locked myself out. I knew because it was a busy place and a lot of people laughing. And I really couldn't ask what the heck are you laughing at well cuz... So ya I really need to Look into how to get into