Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #61
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Chassis: international
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 71
Robin97396

I wasn't offended at all.

Very good!

Advice is worth what you pay for it. Everybody here has an opinion and what matters is your opinion.

Its hard to tell sometimes if there is attitude or not when reading on the web. There is a lot of opinions and knowledge on this site alone and a lot of respect given to both. I really don't feel the need to tic people off and get booted off.

There is so many doors alike I would never thought it would be hard to find parts.

Also, the two door pieces affixed together were reported to make one heavy damn door.

This is the part I would open the door for the 1st time and watch it fall off. (Just my luck)

Thank you tho for the info

livinthelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:18 PM   #62
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Not a problem. I also don't understand why they were unable to find replacement door gaskets. It seem like that type of item would be common.

Like anyone here, I'm just interested in seeing how you deal with your door.

Honestly a lot of people tell me I write angry sounding. Nothing was meant that way from me either.

Good luck with your build.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:43 PM   #63
Skoolie

All good on my end. I checked with the place I got the bus from as they sell parts too. Apparent I had my head somewhere other than were it needed to be and asked for the wrong door. I asked for the bifold type door I have the split door (2) anyway anyone who has a bifold door from international its a single piece seal and this company price is $158.?? So now I'm waiting on a reply from them for my door
Old 04-13-2016, 01:58 PM   #64
Bus Geek

Something else I forgot to include about the door reconstruction I was speaking about was these doors had pneumatics that could be reconfigured for opening and closing the larger door.

On another thread someone even made a back door that was nearly to the roof out of an extra back door.

I can see the impracticality of rebuilding the front door into one solid door, although they did say it sealed way better than the original design. One also mentioned that he preferred to retain the skoolie look on the door, not to mention the visibility it provided.

I like lots of glass for out in the boonies, but damn it's difficult to heat in the winter with all this glass. I should have jumped on that suggestion to cut rigid insulation to put in the windows.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:48 AM   #65
Skoolie

Needing some help. Every now and then I fire the bus up and it fires just fine. The problem I have is it all the dome lights / clearance lights / heater toggles even the fans for driver will not work. Radio will. If radio is on and you turn anything els on radio goes off and nothing will work. Use to be wait a little for the length of time to build air everything would start working. Air is built and I just went through all the toggles and everything just kicked on. This usually happens in cooler weather. Is that a norm? Everything need to warm up. I wouldn't think so but 1st bus so still learning.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2016, 10:12 AM   #66
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International 3000RE
Engine: T444E/AT545
Rated Cap: 75
Sounds like either fuses are blown or an alternator issue. What's the voltmeter read when running?

Captain Obvious on deviantArt
Scooternj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:23 PM   #67
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooternj View Post
Sounds like either fuses are blown or an alternator issue. What's the voltmeter read when running?

Volts run right at 14. Amps run at 0
Old 04-16-2016, 01:33 PM   #68
Bus Crazy

It sounds as if you have a problem with getting juice to the control panel.

Most of the time power arrives there through a relay. If no juice leaves the key switch going to the relay you will not get any juice to the panel.

The radio because it has to have juice all the time in order to keep the pre-sets will have a different power source.

As to why the amount of air pressure makes a difference as to why the panel will work or not work I have no idea. In some motorcoaches the alternator has an air operated tensioner. Until the air pressure builds up to tension the belt to the alternator many of the systems will not operate. I think they are set up that way so that if you lose the alternator some systems, like the coach A/C, will shut down allowing you to get to somewhere safe on battery power instead of running until you are completely out of juice.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:55 PM   #69
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowlitzcoach View Post
It sounds as if you have a problem with getting juice to the control panel.

Most of the time power arrives there through a relay. If no juice leaves the key switch going to the relay you will not get any juice to the panel.

The radio because it has to have juice all the time in order to keep the pre-sets will have a different power source.

As to why the amount of air pressure makes a difference as to why the panel will work or not work I have no idea. In some motorcoaches the alternator has an air operated tensioner. Until the air pressure builds up to tension the belt to the alternator many of the systems will not operate. I think they are set up that way so that if you lose the alternator some systems, like the coach A/C, will shut down allowing you to get to somewhere safe on battery power instead of running until you are completely out of juice.
Sorry for the confusing. Im not sure the air pressure has anything to do with it. I ment for it as a time reference. In the amount of time it takes for the air to build stuff starts working.

Radio makes sense.
Would lower temp or any moisture in air have anything to do with it? I will look for the relay though.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:31 PM   #70
Bus Crazy

Lower temp or higher humidity may be just a happenstance.

Although, while both will increase resistance, I doubt either one is in play in this case.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:56 PM   #71
Skoolie

Quote:
Lower temp or higher humidity may be just a happenstance.

Although, while both will increase resistance, I doubt either one is in play in this case.
So far I have only messed with fueses to take a picture. Haven't messed with dash either. You gave me a starting point so I'll go from there.

Thank you

Old 04-16-2016, 03:00 PM   #72
Bus Crazy

IIRC, the relay at the bottom right of the box is the power relay to the side panel.

Fortunately for you, the wiring diagram is still legible and handy to where you need to work on the electrics.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:28 PM   #73
Skoolie

I agree 100% I also know how lucky I am for how clean the wiring is compared to some I have seen on here
Old 04-16-2016, 03:33 PM   #74
Skoolie

Quote:
IIRC, the relay at the bottom right of the box is the power relay to the side panel.
The silver round tube on bottom right you are talking about right? Is that something I have to get from bus parts place or any auto will have
Old 04-16-2016, 04:45 PM   #75
Bus Geek

Side question; how do you get that door open? There's no handle. There's nothing wrong with my bus yet, but I figure I should know how to get that door open at some point before something does happen.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:06 PM   #76
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post

Side question; how do you get that door open? There's no handle.

Outside.. There is a handle to pull open with key.

There's nothing wrong with my bus yet, but I figure I should know how to get that door open at some point before something does happen.
The fist day we got it I stopped for fuel and the ground at the pump was tilted. I stepped out to check I was lined up for fuel tank. Little wind and bam doors closed and locked. I was lucky the back door was unlock.

I now know how to lock the doors open. Other than that if I lock my self out or something doesn't work to unlock I haven't figured out how to get in yet. Like you said at some point I should figure it out sooner than later. Any suggestions?
Old 04-16-2016, 07:07 PM   #77
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post

Side question; how do you get that door open? There's no handle.

There's nothing wrong with my bus yet, but I figure I should know how to get that door open at some point before something does happen.
Outside.. There is a handle to pull open with key.

The fist day we got it I stopped for fuel and the ground at the pump was tilted. I stepped out to check I was lined up for fuel tank. Little wind and bam doors closed and locked. I was lucky the back door was unlock.

I now know how to lock the doors open. Other than that if I lock my self out or something doesn't work to unlock I haven't figured out how to get in yet. Like you said at some point I should figure it out sooner than later. Any suggestions?
Old 04-16-2016, 08:24 PM   #78
Bus Geek

I've left all the safety buzzers on the doors because I'm an idiot that needs reminding sometimes. Ok, most of the time.

I've never gotten locked out. My previous buses had manual doors while this bus has air doors. Air doors, when there is no air, do not necessarily stay closed. A strong gust of wind can suck the doors open half way. Not good on a cold windy night.
Sometimes it occurs to me that buses might not have been designed to live in.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:32 PM   #79
Bus Geek

I just checked my electrical access door again, because you made me think I missed a key hole. There is no hole of any kind in my door. There is a piano hinge the height of the door on the left side, but no obvious way to open it. Weird.

The air access door is just below the electrical access door, but there is a partition separating the electrical area and no apparent catch or release there either.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:47 PM   #80
Skoolie

Robin97396

I've left all the safety buzzers on the doors because I'm an idiot that needs reminding sometimes. Ok, most of the time.

I was going to pull all of ours too but stopped for the very same reason

I've never gotten locked out.

have you ever been somewhere and see someone do something that made you think...

What an idiot! Did he not see that coming?

That would have been me when I locked myself out. I knew because it was a busy place and a lot of people laughing. And I really couldn't ask what the heck are you laughing at well cuz... So ya I really need to Look into how to get into