Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: 350 Chevrolet
Rated Cap: 65
Send a message via Yahoo to C00LR
Re: Nothing yet lol

P.S. Has anyone ever made a 4x4 bus?
not mine... but its cool!!!!!!!!!! ... ID=3308624
1969 Chevy Bluebird

"There are No Conflicts, Public or Private, That Cannot be Resolved with the Proper Application of High Explosives"

C00LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Fix it up. Turn it into a mini-camper. I would bet that there are going to be times when you have to, or want to, go somewhere and taking the bus would be a bit of a hassle... And if it happens to have a camo paint job and likes to stalk the woods from time to time, I dont think that is a problem...
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:42 PM   #13

I went to look at a 1959 school bus conversion today.

I emailed the people first and asked a lot of questions 1 specific questions was since this bus is so old is there any rust? I was told there is no rust at all except a little behind the front I drove the 3hrs up there and another 3hrs back...

To find something the rust monster must have spit out, rust all over the outside, some on the inside, the entire frame and floor from under the bus was rusted, just 1 big rusted mess..

I was also told absolutly no leaks anywhere and everything works great...of course the transmission was covered in fresh tranny fluid and I laid there and watched the drips falling to the puddle on the ground, oh and inside the cabinets had water damage too.

Really angers me that I wasted a day and $50 gas/food to go look at something that was misrepresented...I mean its very old and I kinda expected it was too good to be true, but when I asked its condition I should have been told...I wouldent have purchased it under any circumstances because I dont like to suport that type of people..

Ok rant done, still mad ttyl
Currently looking to purchase a schoolbus in the oklahoma area.
Thundarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:42 PM   #14

the whole way up though I kinda knew it was to good to be true and there must be some trouble with it, I mean its about as old as you can get...and was glad that they didnt try to hide the rust behind "blockers" or bondo or anything for someone with the skill to do a serious restoration it will be a nice find and they will be able to easily judge what they are getting...anyway so there were good points but still wasted my time and effort because they were hoping for sale instead of being strait but I gues lots of sellers are that way.

Anyway long and short of it is I KNOW a vehicle that old is out of my league and should have not bothered to begin with..

Everything else aside though,I really really like the look of that 59.
Currently looking to purchase a schoolbus in the oklahoma area.
Thundarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote