Old 11-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #102
Bus Nut

Year: 1979
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 8 cyl gas
Rated Cap: 60
Re: Our Farold's Conversion

How fun is that! And I bet a lot of people visit the site because of it, if for nothing more than the curiosity. And I have to say I like how you add to the bus as you go, solar panel, antennae, logo.. inspiring.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #103
Bus Nut

Really nice touch....... Will get the word out...... but? how about replacing the yellow with something a little darker. It is HARD to see the T and the c......
just my 2 cents
Old 11-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #104
Skoolie

People really look now, even more than normal. It is fun watching people look up above my head to read what is up there. It is really an interesting experience driving a Skoolie. I have had people wave and people stop and ask about it. At PirateLand in Myrtle Beach the receptionist asked what type of motor home we had and I told her a Skoolie and she said "I think that is cool." I have not been put out at all at any campground we have stopped at.

We put a black border around the yellow letters today. Makes it stand out much better. It is too early to tell how many people are actually visiting the website because of the lettering on the bus. Once a couple days pass I can look and see where the visitors are originating from so for example we are in Florida now so if the traffic increases from Florida I will know they saw the lettering on the bus.

We are so enjoying this trip in our Skoolie. If you are interested check out our travelin' website I posted a screenshot I took on my phone of our current location. Best campsite yet! I am uploading a video, 360 degree view of the beach walking distance from our campsite and then will be uploading some photos. I only have internet connection on my phone here so uploads are quite slow.
travelinwithus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #105
Site Team

All I can say is "Waaaaaaaaaaa!!!...."thankyou for posting updates it is great to see folks enjoying "our" america as you are.....one...smile....at..a..time...
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #106
Skoolie

I finally got the pics and video up more to come I'm sure.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #107
Skoolie

As I was pulling into our campground at Fort Pickens National Park a couple days ago I noticed I had a noise coming from my driver front wheel. Well I finally got a chance to look at it today. Threw a break pad . Luckly I am one of those types that travel with tools (I even brought my welder, just in case). Stopped at Napa in Pensacola, FL today on our way to the National Naval Aviation Museum and picked up a set of pads for $95 bucks. Guess what I will be doing tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #108
Bus Nut

So. Are you going fishing today?......
Old 11-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #109
Skoolie

Well I got the front brakes all replaced today. Here is how my day went:

Drivers Side

- 2 min - take off the front tire
- 2 hours - PBlaster the hell out of the sliders, heat them up, beat the hell out of them with my hammer and punch, Pblaster them some more, heat them up, beat the hell out of them with my hammer and punch while also hitting my hand a couple times , PBlaster the hell out of the sliders, heat them up, beat the hell out of them with my hammer and punch
- 1 hour - go and pick up calipers because the phenolic pistons were cracked and wouldn't compress back in.
10 min - install pads and calipers
2 min - put wheel back on.

Passenger Side

- 2 min - take off the front tire
- 1 hours - PBlaster the hell out of the sliders, heat them up, beat the hell out of them with my hammer and punch, Pblaster them some more, heat them up, beat the hell out of them with my hammer and punch while also hitting my hand a couple times , PBlaster the hell out of the sliders, heat them up, beat the hell out of them with my hammer and punch
10 min - install pads and calipers
2 min - put wheel back on.

But I always try and look at things positively. I was outside all day in shorts and a t-shirt on November 30th in 70 degree weather on an island installing brakes on my Skoolie. Still a better day than any day at work

Here are a few pics:

Old 11-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #110
Bus Nut

Year: 89
Coachwork: thomas
Engine: 7.3 diesel

you in Pensacola, have a great time..lived there for 20 years.. Ft Pickens is really nice...hope all goes well with the bus
which way you going from there?