Old 04-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1985
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: international
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Our First Bus... family Skoolie

got out stuff loaded last year, and we add stuff every now and then, but we camp in it like it is... on the inside looks nothing like what the rest of ya'lls look like... i cant wait to unload everything in the bus and start putting walls, bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen in it!!!! But it is campable!!!! and its AWESOME just to drive it,,, the looks, the cameras, and the cops crack me up!!!! lol
vwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1985
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: international
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 72

ok... i have a question... does the bug guard on the grill (the tennessee battle flag) offend anyone?

i got a lot of crap from people i actually knew in high school about it, but to me and we have told others of all races, it is a heritage not hate thing... i am from arkansas and hubby from texas.... i was raised that what you wear does not tell people who you are..... rebel to me does not mean race, to me it means i am from the south, i am proud to be from the south, and .... im just upset about this and want input from people that dont know me......
thank you
vwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwdude
ok... i have a question... does the bug guard on the grill (the tennessee battle flag) offend anyone?

i got a lot of crap from people i actually knew in high school about it, but to me and we have told others of all races, it is a heritage not hate thing... i am from arkansas and hubby from texas.... i was raised that what you wear does not tell people who you are..... rebel to me does not mean race, to me it means i am from the south, i am proud to be from the south, and .... im just upset about this and want input from people that dont know me......
thank you
Stars and bars don't bother me but I'm only one person. If you're going to do a lot of traveling, you might want to rethink having it on the bus. How much energy do you want to invest over the flag. That is the question. I know there have been lawsuits over it flying in some places. It brings up bad feelings for some people. My two cents. Not making any judgements one way or another.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #14
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Her, me and Molly

People need to get a life, how can you possibly be offended by something that has been part of the American culture for years? I was born,raised and still live in the north. My only thought when I see someone flying the confederate flag is "They must be from the south" I'm sure that most people who fly it don't want to go to war, or secede from the union. (the way things are going I might consider that one)
I am also not intimidated or scared by the teeth grill covers popular on semis a few years ago. Heck I didn't even know what they were supposed to be until people started complaining that they were "scary".
At least southerners speak the same language. (well,kinda )

I think we should be more concerned about the people who come to our country, don't learn,or even want to learn our language, want us to learn their language. Complain about us flying OUR flag. Want us to change our laws just for them, and generally just try to get everything for nothing. If they don't like it here, go back where they came from. Why did they leave?

Rant over.

vwdude Your bus looks very nice
By the way mine is going to have those nasty things like stars and stripes and eagles all over it.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #15
Skoolie

Year: 1979
Coachwork: superior
Chassis: intl loadstar 1653
Engine: D150 V8 diesel
Rated Cap: 48

I too am from the South, both sides of my family have been here for 300yrs.
My opinion is this; While most southerners are not stupid, hate filled bigots, we have let a few IDIOTS hijack symbols of our heritage to represent their hate and ignorance. Unfortunately, now when people see the stars and bars, the hate and ignorance is what they see, similar what you think when you see a swastica, which, before Hitler got hold of it, was an ancient symbol of good luck, peace and love, now when I see one, it scares the poop out of me.
I had considered flying the battle flag myself,but had to spend way too much time trying to explain "heritage, not hate".