Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #41
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 89
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 370-2V
Rated Cap: 65
Re: Our Second Bus

Well, we didn't do too much work on the bus. Hubby found a guy on craigslist that was parting out a motorhome, and we got parts off of it. The haul - 2 doors with tracks, microwave, video master control box with tv and assorted tv cables, holding tanks, doors, glove box, 2 reclining seats, the track that goes on the front windows ( with the curtains ), a 30 amp cord, 2 visors, 2 fans, assorted lights and a medicine cabinet. All for $200.00. The only thing that was out of the motorhome was the seats. We had to disconnect the rest ( took all day ). WHEW! He still has the awning. We are supposed to get back in touch with him next week about that. The guy just wants the motorhome gutted because he wants the frame for a trailer.
The seats had some grease and were a little dirty, but I used some upholstery cleaner on them and now they are good as new.
Hubby is working nights on the bus. He is getting ready to cut the hole for the shower drain this week. He wants all the walls up by the end of April! I ordered paint from Lowe's. Now, all we have to do is get the outside of the bus ready to paint - Rustoleum Almond for the base color, maybe red and blue for the accent stripes.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 89
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 370-2V
Rated Cap: 65
Re: Our Second Bus

Well, we worked this past weekend on the bus. (So what else is new!) We put up more walls, set the shower floor in place (temporarily) and set the toilet in place (temporarily). Hubby cut the hole in the floor for the toilet, while I was cutting and installing insulation in the walls. Next, we wire! We went to Lowe's and bought ply-bead panelling for the walls, more studs (not pink), more 2x2's, some plumbing parts and more saw blades (FRP does a number on saw blades - dulls them I guess). I will post more pictures.