We code named our bus the Silver Schooler. It will make sense assuming we manage to paint it silver.
We've taken out the seats. I donated them to the local school system. The guy said they could use some of the foam and seat covers for sure. He was telling me about their state police inspections. I guess once the foam starts breaking and they can feel the metal frame on the top of the seat it will fail inspection and they'll need to replace the foam. He was a talker so I learned a lot. I did't mind hearing how the schools take care of their busses.
For most of the seats I used an angle grinder with a metal cutting disc to cut the bolts. Some I did underneath where there was less to cut through, but getting to them from inside the bus was easier. A few just broke when I hit them with an impact wrench.
I made the screws that hold down the walkway trim in to slotted screws to make them easier to remove. Again, using an angle grinder. I did this to just about every screw I came across.
We started tearing up the floor. Lots of rust. I will likely use the angle grinder again.
It is coming along!